• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Throwing too far right on good drives

what do you guys think are some of the best forehand/sidearm-friendly discs? my buddy uses the Roc and it works well for him.

although I'm sure it's not my Boss that's the problem, rather my extremely poor technique, i'm just curious as to what may be more sidearm-friendly and pick one up. thanks

If you have a good snap, use overstable discs. If you don't, start with understable discs and work your way up (valk's, sidewinders etc).

Instead of explaining the proper footwork to you, I'd check out videos of guys like Barry Shultz.
I'm not sure Barry is the best person to try to emulate when watching for weight transfer. He does some funny things that he compensates for in other ways that make that part of his form difficult to emulate. His timing is awesome, though.

Does it still look like I'm doing that a lot in the video? Man, that is a tough habit to break.

Those Paul Macbeth videos are great. My timing is way off. He's into his cross-step before he even starts to bring the disc backwards and then has his front foot completely planted and finished with his steps by the time he starts the pull-through. I'm starting my pull-through immediately when my cross-step finishes. Timing half a step off at least.

you gotta loosen up before you release you cant get any arm speed being tensed up, your run-up looks fairly smooth but right before you throw you tense up then you trying to over compensate for the momentum lost with your arm and or wrist.

think of yourself as a big limp noodle and the only part of you that should have any power is your grip right before you release . if youve never used a bull whip get one it will help.

Latest posts