• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Thunderbird

I like the thunderbird a lot. I had a nice one that i lost at BRP in the creek....its buried under mud and junk :( I picked up a Star teebird and its really firm, not the best for winter, so now I'm using a Pulse, but they are different discs. I actually really like the Pulse, but its more OS in general. The Thunderbird is great for me in the summer as I usually get more power/grip on it and the stability allows a nice straight power shot that will fade decently. I tried a PD as well. Didn't love the champ, but a S-PD would be great. All depends on plastics, weights, etc, preferences. But yeah thunderbirds are solid. For "worm in thunderbird" flight i use a WRATH and for more OS I use a Pulse for now. Th-birds will be back tho

For the 2016 record, I lost more Thunderbirds than other disc (or discs in a particular slot). I think I am running at four Champion Thunderbirds so far, and I have one more tournament to go this year. The next closest would be two FDs, although I almost walked away from two G-DDs the other day because of the snow.

What that goes to show is that I prefer to throw Thunderbirds on longer holes where I run the risk of losing discs because apparently I trust them more than tossing anything else. I know two of them actually landed near spots that were not really that bad. The problem with those throws were the tall grass. I almost had to give up on my Proto Star Champion because of long grass. I spent two hours (in two shifts) looking for it. I was swearing and everything, but when I eventually found it, it was only about five to ten feet from where I was certain it landed when I first started looking. The long grass at Elm Creek #14 is insane.

Could be slightly longer
--My ThB's are jealous of my PDs.
--note to self: ThB is not my distance driver; I have other discs for this.

That's my 2¢ worth. Hope it helps other people who might be interested.

Good points. Though I haven't thrown a ThB, I have been keeping tabs on people's experiences. I use to be a PD thrower and, while enjoying the flight, felt like it required too much power at times. If I mash on a PD, I can get it to go straight out to 400. Having something that is a little faster than an EX and a little easier to manage than a PD sounds intriguing.

On another note, what are opinions between the CD2 and Thb?

The happy holidays Thunderbirds feel great. They look like they will fly like any other champ Thunderbird.

That disc looks like a Teebird3 rather than a Thunderbird

Very hard to tell, but I know Paul has said the T3 is his overstable Teebird, and that disc definitely flipped from a slight hyzer. Not what I would expect from an overstable Teebird. But what do I know? I know I can't throw a Thunderbird or Teebird that far.

I accept the blame. Should have clarified 2015. It was basically that same shot in both rounds and the final 9. If it was a TB3 then as well, I blame the locals who were in the gallery and still talk about it to this day.

I finally caved and got one of those sweet DX ones for my winter bag.

It feels really nice, the plastic feels like old Pro which is cool.

Did we ever confirm if it has a FB wing? Feels a lot like it and the top is a Valk?

Did we ever confirm if it has a FB wing? Feels a lot like it and the top is a Valk?

I've heard talk of a Firebird wing and it looks close but I'm not sure. As far as the top goes I think it has its own new top. It wasn't borrowed from any other mold and it's the same top used on the Colossus.

I don't know how it happened but the DX thunderbird is by far my favorite plastic type.

Latest posts