• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] TI-errible?

I'm not really happy with the durability of my Ti Stalker, as it grazed a tree it put a fairly noticable mark in the disc, where my Z (Or even my ESP) wont show a mark with a shot like that. Dosen't effect the flight or anything, just was disappointed that what they claimed wasn't true. My Ti Buzzz was replaced with a FLX Z buzz and the Ti Wasp hasn't been thrown enough to really get an opinion on it....my MVP discs are my main Mid go to's

You sir, have the same opinion as me. They are way too slick for my taste, the stamp is IMO just annoying to feel. Although, I felt 4 Ti Nukes yesterday and MAAAANN are they nice.

It all depends on who wins Pro Worlds.

If MJ wins, don't be surprised if it is a Ti Comet.

I'm calling b.s. in this Ti hate filled thread, I play in a dense wooded course (Seven Oaks Nashville Tn.)
And I play often, now I have straight up smacked several mighty trees and my Ti Stalker doesn't even have a ding.
It is some mighty tough plastic for sure.
My local store is Cloud 9 disc golf and I personally inspected every Ti Stalker and Buzzz and they do not have a single warped disc in the whole lot.
My pre release Ti Wasp is about as $$$ as they make em, stiff at first but on a warm day they soften right up
They hold a laser straight line that just flies perfect.Almost impossible to turn it over.

So lets hear from the people who have actually thrown these discs and not just chucked one of thier buddies.
If it didnt make your bag, how long did you throw it? What did you not like about it?
If it was warped why didnt you simply return the disc?

I have a TI stalker and a TI wasp in my bag. The wasp has kicked out all of my z-wasps. The only other wasp in my bag is a first run flx wasp that is straight to slightly understable.

The stalker is in my bag for when I need something to go a little farther than my wasp will go.

I have hit several trees with both of my discs but they have held up. Both of them becomes a little flexible and grippy when they get out in the heat

I threw them for awhile but they're not in the bag. Im talking about the wasp and the buzzz. They flew awesome and if i still had a multi-company bag the wasp would definetly be a staple in there. The buzzz was a lil flippy but never broke in to get any flippier and was a nice compliment to my barstamps.

They're not in the bag but it's not because of how they performed. Only thing that bugs me is the colors, i wish they were much brighter. Brightest ive seen is this light teal-ish blue-ish buzzz and is was sexy.

I tried a ti Stalker for about 2 weeks - even played a 1-disc round and spike-hyzered a bunch of times in a parking lot hoping to see some kind of improvement. I'll agree they're definitely tough, but the thing was/is just a glideless meathook. Even if it was just a fluke, I've got 3 Z's that are vastly better discs, even right out of the box.

Why is everyone so butthurt on this site?!?!?

Might be because Homegirl died. :\

I just traded off my Ti Stalker and had already got rid of the Ti Buzzz. I've heard the Wasps are great though I may try one someday or the others again in follow up runs.

I thought they were all slick, too concave, and didn't get better with heat. Plus none of them flew like their Z or ESP counterparts, either too flippy or too beefy. I had a stalker that was more overstable than a champ teebird.

Goldline is not slick IMO, always has a nice dome to it, glides a ton more than Ti, and feels even softer and grippier as it warms in the sun.

My scientific and never wrong brain tells me that Discraft indeed tried to copy Goldline plastic and so far has come up short. :popcorn:

I've never thrown Ti. I throw a FLX Buzzz and wouldn't trade it for anything. But I played a Buzzz only round at a course with a giant expanse of asphalt in the middle of it and his Buzzz came out without a scratch while mine came out looking a little bit worse for wear. That says something.

It all depends on who wins Pro Worlds.

If MJ wins, don't be surprised if it is a Ti Comet.

yeah i should have thought about that with worlds around the corner.. im pulling for Mj all day.. not throwing comets atm but c'mon Ti Comet.. :drool:

Went to the course this morning to find a clear putter I threw into the bushes after the sunset yesterday...
Well I found the putter.

But since I'm at the course with no one there why not play a couple rounds. I decided to try my new ti buzzz I won and my first shot I noticed it doesn't fade nearly as much as my cryztal buzzz.

I liked it. 2nd shot I decided to crank it a bit and The disc was a little wet from the dew and shanked out my hand around a bend. Possibly into some shrubs. But the angle it came down it coulda rolled right by The path.
Ripped the bushes apart and walked all over for over 15min. No luck.
Saw a big group of young high school age guys running thru.. Didn't think much of it till now.
I'll never know if one of them picked it up thinking someone lost it last night (not many people play at this park at 630am) or the course decided I can have my magic back but its taken the ti buzzz instead.:confused:

I love my Ti Stalker. But it's not a regular thrower for me. I use it for exactly what you hate about it. On drives/basket runs where I worry about glide on my other plastic taking it too far or OB, out comes the Stalker. It definitely has a distance wall for me so I can trust it to fade and die and give me a putt.

This is exactly why I love my Ti Stalker as well. I can trust it to stay low, fly dead straight, and then fade off at around 250 to 275 every single time. It's perfect for low ceiling shots because it just does not want to get up in the air. By far my most consistent disc.

I haven't thrown a Z Stalker but now I'm itching to try one... hopefully I can find one that's as flat as my Ti...

I find the grip to be ok, but not as good as the G/L plastic it was meant to copy. I have been die hard Discraft since I started playing (I like to run with the little guy), but Ti has put a dent in their reputation, IMO. My Buzzzs and Wasps have been replaced with Axis and Vectors, and my Stalkers with Rivers (I'm a sucker for primo plastic). I doubt anything will ever replace the Zone or Comet for me, but it would have been nice to see DC apply themselves in a way that didn't involve copying something that had already been done. I hate Blizzard discs, but you can't argue with the results for beginners, or the sales figures. I think MVP has truly advanced the sport with their designs and I look forward to trying the Volt when it comes out.

I was very excited about the Titanium plastic. I promptly ordered a Stalker and a Buzzz the day these guys came out. I got a silver Stalker and purple Buzzz. You could never question their durability, grip is always about preference so it is what it is, but the color and stamp (or lack of stamp) is where they go wrong.

For $20 a piece -- other than durability, I can't say anything positive about them. The colors are dull, they do get lost easily (thats a fact. You can't spot them until you walk right up on them), the infused stamp is neat but serves no purpose in conjuction with the dull plastic.

Are colors a deliberate choice by Discraft to reflect the "titanium"? Either way the overall product is LACKLUSTER! Everyone has already said it but the plastic looks nowhere near as good as Lat 64 Gold and WestSide Tourney stuff.

My suggestion, why just use Titanium? Make an entire elemental line...Discraft Ne (Neon) Same plastic but bright yellows and greens with the glimmer. Discraft He (helium) Blizzard spin-off but instead of air bubbles use "helium" as to not infringe on Innova. Discraft Si (Silicon) new putters with the best grip, heh.

and on and on and on....

^^^ love the helium idea!! Zeppelin 2.0? Just the idea of pushing a floating disc instead of throwing one gets me excited.

Love the Neon (Ne) idea.... that is genius.... Discraft give this man a job!

The only problem would be changing the stamp die.... since it is raised stamp.