• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Time for a new Beast thread

Monkeypaws

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Crickets since 2018.

Some of you all got the Halo Beast last Friday. Wish I had gotten one, as this disc has gotten back into the bag in a big way.

I found so many flippy DX Beasts back in the day, I assumed that was the flight of the Beast.

Then I learned there was the Beast retool, the Beast X, and now it seems to be back to its original form.

I grabbed some F2 Champion Beasts a while back, and they are almost Thunderbird-esque in their flight. 10 5 -2 2 seems spot on, and I've been loving it for flex backhands and forehands.

I remember watching a video a while back where Phil Brathwaite was recommending where to go after the DX starter set, and he recommended the Champion Beast.

I agree. Doesn't require monster power, can be worked at a lot of angles, rim not too wide.

Beast opinions ?

Champ beast was my first driver after the DX starter set. Currently bag a nicely beat in star that has some good turn to it. If I'm not sure what disc to throw, I go for the beast. Really versatile.

Beasts were all over the place. Again the L/X mold situation you alluded to obviously. The differant plastic types mattered too. Innova being Innova.

Dave D is the DG version of Jerry Jones. Both should've stepped back a bit 20 years ago.

Did they settle on an actual mold? Just 1?

Beasts were all over the place. Again the L/X mold situation you alluded to obviously. The differant plastic types mattered too. Innova being Innova.

Dave D is the DG version of Jerry Jones. Both should've stepped back a bit 20 years ago.

I believe it is the more stable, original mold now.

I bag a beast, big fan of 10 speed drivers. Currently I've got a Halo Beast that flies kinda 10/5/-0.5/2 ish, more understandable and longer than my fresh Lucid Sergeant and my go to driver on long-ish holes in not too much wind.

I also bag a beat in Pro Beast, it's my distance roller and occasionally a bomber hyzerflip full flight forehand disc, or when I have to get a standstill forehand as far as I can.

I personally prefer the feel of the Orc, but my current Beast is just, longer, more reliable and more overstable.

I like the idea of the Orc more, but that sharp, almost bead like rim just isn't as comfy (and I worry I'll ding it up fast).

I've been very tempted with trying a star or Halo star beast set again. I never really let the last few I bought get seasoned before trading them away. I also never bought below 175g.

But every time I let them sit in my cart for a bit... I remember how well I mesh with Valkyries, and wonder if there is really that much difference between them.

Still, I'm happy to see the beast being ran in lots of plastic options. And that they've stuck with the original mold.

Dang, 20 years ago I'd say was the start of Dave D's golden era.

They're on the X mold (original) now. Have been for a few years now.

Dang, 20 years ago I'd say was the start of Dave D's golden era.

They're on the X mold (original) now. Have been for a few years now.

My point is the X and L mold nonsense with discs like the Beast. Eagle as well obviously. How do you just make two seperate types of discs and stamp them the same. Whereas there's Firebirds/FL's, Teebirds/TL's etc. Trust me, I'm not a hater. I bagged just today, a Condor, Sonic, Alien, Roadrunner x2, IT and a Wraith.

I have a bunch, too many, X mold beasts in my other room. My wife loved them and after she lost her main one that's what happened. This was before I was on here to learn about Innovas false advertising. Kinda like the Cowboys being America's team. Full circle. ;)

My point is the X and L mold nonsense with discs like the Beast. Eagle as well obviously. How do you just make two seperate types of discs and stamp them the same. Whereas there's Firebirds/FL's, Teebirds/TL's etc. Trust me, I'm not a hater. I bagged just today, a Condor, Sonic, Alien, Roadrunner x2, IT and a Wraith.

I have a bunch, too many, X mold beasts in my other room. My wife loved them and after she lost her main one that's what happened. This was before I was on here to learn about Innovas false advertising. Kinda like the Cowboys being America's team. Full circle. ;)
Condor is an underrated disc. Odd I can throw Condor unlike ROC as somehow being bigger small catch disc diameter like a Condor mold has glide for me unlike a standard ROC I find drops as soon as disc loses visible rotation.

Condor is an underrated disc. Odd I can throw Condor unlike ROC as somehow being bigger small catch disc diameter like a Condor mold has glide for me unlike a standard ROC I find drops as soon as disc loses visible rotation.

Agreed. It's huge, but it just goes. I bought a max weight one just for shits and giggles. It's still in my bag. This was at the same time I started bagging DX Rocs. I don't care for KC as much but bought another to battle it out. The newer DX's are laughable at a 0/3. They're Rocs though. The new KC is hilarious. That big ass Condor just keeps air under it and goes.

Unless you're talking Classic Roc, then just disregard what I said. :p

Agreed. It's huge, but it just goes. I bought a max weight one just for shits and giggles. It's still in my bag. This was at the same time I started bagging DX Rocs. I don't care for KC as much but bought another to battle it out. The newer DX's are laughable at a 0/3. They're Rocs though. The new KC is hilarious. That big ass Condor just keeps air under it and goes.

Unless you're talking Classic Roc, then just disregard what I said. :p
Why at end I said Standard Roc meaning Roc/3 not a Classic Roc or RocX3.

So what happened to the flippy beast did infinite pick it up and rename it something different like the Egyptian Sandle or something?

So what happened to the flippy beast did infinite pick it up and rename it something different like the Egyptian Sandle or something?
Good question. I haven't seen it anywhere actually. It had a very distinctive convex bottom rim.

I'm happy they did something like the IT instead. There's value in flippy drivers, but I personally like slower flippy ones. A flippy 2.0 cm rim is just so danged tricky to mess with.

Good question. I haven't seen it anywhere actually. It had a very distinctive convex bottom rim.

It's so on brand for innova to have accidentally caught lightning in a bottle then dumped it out so they could fill it with dirt.

The flippy beast was the perfect slot inbetween an orc and a discraft flash.

It's so on brand for innova to have accidentally caught lightning in a bottle then dumped it out so they could fill it with dirt.

The flippy beast was the perfect slot inbetween an orc and a discraft flash.
And there's quite an outcry for something to slot between an Orc and a Flash. Innova is likely disappointing tens of people.

I'm happy they did something like the IT instead. There's value in flippy drivers, but I personally like slower flippy ones. A flippy 2.0 cm rim is just so danged tricky to mess with.
I can Use an oop Star Archon (have a few good F2 backups) fine like a longer Star Valkyrie and I can finally do a full rotation or as close as my bad shoulder will allow in a throw like a pro. I never could before as an adult do such a throw as I was forcing some less beefy Champion Destroyers from 2014 170 gram and 2016 167 gram (when new for both) in my bag as my more line distance driver now. I have a DX Dragon 148 grams, with my backup of beyond light 143 and 146 gram DX Valkyrie F2 probably EDGE disc made when Innova stopped edge for Pro as in 2022 most Dragon did not float coming in at or above 156 grams. I still think worst mistake is players using a disc beyond speed of what they can use comfortably.

I can Use an oop Star Archon (have a few good F2 backups) fine like a longer Star Valkyrie and I can finally do a full rotation or as close as my bad shoulder will allow in a throw like a pro. I never could before as an adult do such a throw as I was forcing some less beefy Champion Destroyers from 2014 170 gram and 2016 167 gram (when new for both) in my bag as my more line distance driver now. I have a DX Dragon 148 grams, with my backup of beyond light 143 and 146 gram DX Valkyrie F2 probably EDGE disc made when Innova stopped edge for Pro as in 2022 most Dragon did not float coming in at or above 156 grams. I still think worst mistake is players using a disc beyond speed of what they can use comfortably.
Bro what am I having a stroke?

There are TENS of us!
More still like me when great molds that sold well like a Champion Shark 3 or Star Archon were made oop in under last 7 years with Shark getting backups as well as Archon. I guess a Champion Lion when I eventually run out of a few backup Shark 3 being a mold can switch to as long as flight is similar. I hate Coloblock on Star Lion as mold I picked one up in a store and almost dropped mold as stamp was like trying to grip a Champion disc in weather colder then upper 30's F. If I Was an Innova Pro, I would ask for a Shark in Champion and hope they came out like final Shark 3 in F2 I got having a classic Champion Shark micro mini dome at most.

And there's quite an outcry for something to slot between an Orc and a Flash. Innova is likely disappointing tens of people.
Yep, See post above on dropping Shark 3. Shark in Star is not bad as I can switch to a Shark in G-Star once mine run out a Shark is bad and my brother they stopped a Wahoo forever and made a Stud a very beyond limited run disc in DX where mold is only made once a run is gone. So I got him for birthday some Stud at 173 and Wahoo discs. Seems like floating R-Pro is gone.

Latest posts