• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Time to transition

Nuke

Birdie Member
Okay, so I've become complacent with my bag for a while and I'm thinking it's time to transition to something different. I'll list my current bag and proposed new bag, let me know what you guys think or if you have better ideas.

Current bag:
Champ Firebird
Destroyers (Star, Champ Glo)
Nukes (2xZ)
XLs (2xZ)
Rivers (Opto, GL)
Avenger SSs (2xZ)
Z Drone
Buzzzes (Glo, Barstamp, Cryztal, Z(ss))
Z Comet
Zones (ProD, Z)
Challengers (Cryztal, 3ProDs)

Proposed changes:
Distance:
Force
Nuke
Mamba

Fairway (this is where I have the most indecision):
XL or Teebird?
River
Avenger SS
(Feel like there's a lot of overlap here, they technically have different specs, but not much. My opto river and newer Z XL are pretty stable. The older XL is pretty neutral and the GL river and avenger SSs are pretty understable. Not sure here)

Mids:
Drone
Buzzz
Meteor

Putters:
Zone
Challenger

So that's it, no huge changes. Feel like the force could replace my destros and firebird for overstable and forehands. Think there's a need for a true understable distance driver (mamba). My comet flies too similar to my buzzz SS really, more neutral than understable, so the meteor might be better. Let me know what you guys think.

I consider XL to be a turnover disc.. Released with hyzer, it flips up and goes straight or turns over to an anhyzer.
Teebird is imo a more stable disc, but molds can off course differ.

I'd go with Teebird, River and Avenger SS, in my eyes, that seems like all fairway shots are covered.
The River is understable enough to be turned over or thrown absolutely straight without much torque.

def go with teebird (super dependable), as well as the river, avenger ss. i have all of them in my bag currently and couldnt be happier. i did recently have a mamba to take the place of the avenger ss but in the end a beat in avenger ss was the same disc for me. if youre looking for a flippy mid range try a gold fuse. iv owned a stingray, meteor, buzzz ss until i found the fuse and never looked back. bag looks good tho dude. we throw a lot of the same discs. well played

def go with teebird (super dependable), as well as the river, avenger ss. i have all of them in my bag currently and couldnt be happier. i did recently have a mamba to take the place of the avenger ss but in the end a beat in avenger ss was the same disc for me. if youre looking for a flippy mid range try a gold fuse. iv owned a stingray, meteor, buzzz ss until i found the fuse and never looked back. bag looks good tho dude. we throw a lot of the same discs. well played

For me it was the opposit. Threw the Fuse, didn't like it and started throwing the Meteor instead. Now I throw a beat Z Buzzz for those shots.

Yeah, I can throw a lot of shots with my variety of buzzzes, was just hunting something truly understable in a mid. I wouldn't call the buzzz SS or comet truly understable and I always thought the Fuse was more in the same vein as those, more neutral than understable. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Suggested changes:
Force
Nuke
Mamba

Champ Firebird
Teebird
Avenger SS

Drone
Buzzz
Meteor

Zone
Challenger

There's a good bit of clutter in your fairways and mids. It's hard to see how 4 Buzzzes and a Comet can be useful, especially since they're all some variation of Z plastic. I'm sure they all fly slightly differently but I bet you'd score the same, or better, with just one or two in the bag.

I'm not totally sure how to clean up your fairway driver situation, but dropping the Rivers and XLs is a good way to find out if you miss them. I'd keep the Firebird in the bag.

I've gone back and forth between Destroyers and Forces in the past. The thing that swayed me towards Destroyers is that they come in more plastic blends, but Forces are ok too.

Overall, it seems like a pretty good setup, but you're carrying a lot of extra weight in back ups and redundant discs that could tire you out if you play a lot, and cloud your decision making and take away focus from hitting your line.

Good points, I'm definitely a bit of a buzzz addict. The usefulness of that combo (buzzz/comet) is what has me thinking about checking out the meteor. Weight's not a problem, my bag will be full regardless of what molds I carry really.

I throw a FLX XL in the slot I used to have a River and A-SS. I like it a lot better. It's more controllable, and can cover the same shots. (Except maybe the straight River line, but a Teebird can cover that shot.)

Latest posts