• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Timing and X-step

Jbb817

Bogey Member
I'm pretty happy with how I've improved over the last summer and want to keep getting better. I'm at a point now where I can consistently get to 400' on a golf line. On a good rip I can touch 450 but that's about where I'm maxing at right now. Watching the video myself I'm wondering if I'm releasing a little bit too early; I think my release is coming a bit before I've fully shifted my weight to my front foot. I also know that I don't do an x-step and don't know if that will help with timing or generating a larger reachback for better power without loss of accuracy.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10100256655706949&l=8581184551132650441

Not too shabby. Yeah you don't reachback very far(turning the shoulders) and start your backswing rather quick and your forward move a tad early/fast. Looks like you lean back with your weight too far and try to shift your weight too much. Turning back further keeping your balance more centered and with slower tempo may help. Also you reachback rather high which may cause nose issues and looks like you don't brace the spine against the front hip and your posture collapses as your upper body folds over the hips. I've posted many golf vids in this section that will help, just check the other threads.

Your form is somewhat similar to JohnE who throws faarr:

Sick, thanks for the tips and video. I'll check out the other golf vids as well. I'll try slowing things down tempo wise and seeing if it helps piece everything together. I also realized that I pull back pretty high, especially after watching some videos of schusterick where focused on reaching back more through the core area. This might have just been because the hole I chose to film on is about 25 feet downhill so I was trying to keep the disc low and flat.