• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tips for Removing Price Labels from New Discs

kinger

Birdie Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Bought a few new discs and the store I got them from puts price tags on the tops of each disc.

Any tips/recommendations on how to get the sticker and adhesive cleanly off the disc?

I got one off with a slow pull but the other 2 aren't as forgiving.

:wall:

Soap and warm water. Let it soak a little while (30-40 minutes) and use your fingernail or something non-abrasive (like my personality :rolleyes:) to scrape it off.

I've always just peeled off what I could get easily off, then use something to get the rest off, usually a flat head screw driver, and finger nail polish remover or, windex seemed to work ok, etc.

I hate the stickers being on the bottoms of the discs bad enough, can't imagine how much I'd hate them being on top!

Get off what you can.
Then pour a little bit of GooGone onto the remaining paper and adhesive.
Let it soak for a few minutes.
Rub the rest of the sticker off.

I haven't had GooGone attack any of my discs; other chemicals could eat a layer or two before you know it.

If you're trying to preserve the stamp, don't use GooGone, acetone, or nail polish remover (which is diluted acetone).

Eventually, you'll give up on giving a chit about the stamps and just throw the disc.

I've tried 'em all and hands down this has proven the best method for me, especially for the real pain-in-the-butt ones like the PIAS stickers that seem to meld organically with the plastic. This'll take it off clean with no residue nor evidence of fingernail scraping.

Peel away as much surface paper as you can, but without digging with your fingernails, which can scar the disc (for those who are OC). Spray or drip enough WD-40 to saturate the paper good and let it sit a minute. Put the disc on a flat surface and using the edge of a credit or gift card, scrape in one direction lifting the paper and glue. I usually have to repeat it to get the last bits. Wash with dishwashing liquid to remove all traces of WD-40.

Goo-Gone and other naptha-based products (lighter fluid) will work the same way. Acetone, too, but it can bleed the sticker ink into light colored discs, and you have to work faster, and it's more hazardous.

Yep. WD-40 is the best for removing the adhesive. Just put it on and keep rubbing with a paper towel and you will see the adhesive just disappear. Then wash off the WD-40 with warm soapy water.

You kind of have to be careful because the wd40 will remove the penned on disc weight and abbreviation on the disc.

Suprised nobodys said this, but rubbing alcohol is your best bet and will take it off with ease... plus it dries itself in seconds. And its clean when your done unlike the ideas posted above (alcohol is a main ingredient in windex too) must not be any seasoned smokers in here ( best way to clean sick pieces lol )

Just took the adhesive left by a price tag off my new nalgene bottle. Would you guys put wd or acetone on that? I dont think so....

Im shocked you guys are soo willing to put harsh chemicals on your plastic.

i recommend a product called Goo-Gone. just dab a little bit on some paper towel and it loosens up all that adhesive (probably pick off the main paper parts of the stickers with your fingernails first). just be careful not to scrub too hard near the stamp because it can take off the disc's stamp.

mildly warm water, let it sit for a while.

When I buy discs at Play It Again Sports I give them initial pull to see if they'll come off...if not when I get home I plop them in the sink, fill them up with slightly warm water and then just let them sit.

The glue gives out somewhat quickly but I generally just leave them there while I do my other "just got home" stuff like putting my shoes away and getting my DG gear put away and my clothes in the wash etc. Then I get it when I'm done and the sticker comes right off.

\/\/

I've tried 'em all and hands down this has proven the best method for me, especially for the real pain-in-the-butt ones like the PIAS stickers that seem to meld organically with the plastic. This'll take it off clean with no residue nor evidence of fingernail scraping.

Peel away as much surface paper as you can, but without digging with your fingernails, which can scar the disc (for those who are OC). Spray or drip enough WD-40 to saturate the paper good and let it sit a minute. Put the disc on a flat surface and using the edge of a credit or gift card, scrape in one direction lifting the paper and glue. I usually have to repeat it to get the last bits. Wash with dishwashing liquid to remove all traces of WD-40.

Goo-Gone and other naptha-based products (lighter fluid) will work the same way. Acetone, too, but it can bleed the sticker ink into light colored discs, and you have to work faster, and it's more hazardous.

wd40 always leaves a slick area, no matter how much cleaning you do. just use acetone

Yep. WD-40 is the best for removing the adhesive. Just put it on and keep rubbing with a paper towel and you will see the adhesive just disappear. Then wash off the WD-40 with warm soapy water.

You kind of have to be careful because the wd40 will remove the penned on disc weight and abbreviation on the disc.

so will wd40 remove unwanted ink from discs like sharpie or just pen?