• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tips for Starting a School Club

discgolfkyle

Birdie Member
Hey everyone. I'm a high school student in Arizona and I'm interested in starting a disc golf club. I know at least ten of my friends would join already, but what else could I do to sell the sport? This would be our school's home course so to say: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=917

I thought I could also merge Ultimate into the club also. Please feel free to give me any tips on how I should go about doing this and some ideas for the club. Thanks!

Hold fundraisers, be active in the school community, encourage faculty to give disc golf a try, maybe have a trick shot expo at a assembly or something. Whatever you do, make sure that the staff knows disc golf is positive for the school and its students.

If you need a fundraiser to start - take a look at the $12.00 deal from Paragon - A dry-fit, towel and bag tag for $12.00 - Sell them for 20.00 to 25.00 and raise some funds and look good too.

Take a look at the fundraising options available from the disc manufacturers too. You can get some great deals on custom stamped discs to help raise funds.

If you need a fundraiser to start - take a look at the $12.00 deal from Paragon - A dry-fit, towel and bag tag for $12.00 - Sell them for 20.00 to 25.00 and raise some funds and look good too.

Take a look at the fundraising options available from the disc manufacturers too. You can get some great deals on custom stamped discs to help raise funds.

This sounds like a great idea.

Also, disc golf station has a grant where they give $150, I think it is, to school clubs. This can be used to buy discs for the club.

The first thing you need to do is get the information from the clubs & activities director at the school on what it will take to have an official school club.

Do you need a teacher? Minimum number of students to form the club? If you can start the club is there a possibility of building a 9 hole course on the school grounds in the future?

You could always just start an informal school DG team and if there are any DG players at other schools challenge them to start a team and then just organize events.

I really want something like this at my high school. Maybe I'll get my brother and his friends to get something started like that and get my friends in it but it is a lot of work. I don't think I could do it, but I think you could.

Latest posts