• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

College Station, TX

Research Park - Old Layout

Permanent course
3.455(based on 19 reviews)
Tom Yocky's Stop Crying Valentine's Day Doubles
Posted by dkjhorseman
Other
Research Park - Old Layout
Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 08:00 AM
Until: Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 06:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Category

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

Start: Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 08:00 AM
End: Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 06:00 PM

dkjhorseman

I've gotten a number of interested people for a Valentines couples tournament...So lets do it. Some of you may not have heard anything about this yet so just ask me questions if you are interested... I still want to make it very laid back and casual, without lots of prep work for me ahead of time. I'll make up a couple of trophies probably but other than that I would like to just show up, break us up into groups, and we play. $10 per couple, all the money that comes in will be paid back out in cash to the winners (number of payouts depends on number of entries) I guess I'll put out some flyers and send out an announcement on my email list a little later No need to pay ahead of time but partners need to "pre-register" ...in other words tell me you are coming, so I know how many trophies to make. We will play at Research from the shorts. first 9 holes, then short break with snacks and re-order groups according to performance. Then back 9 holes. We will start at 2pm that should give us plenty of time to finish and it will be nice and easy for any out of towners to come out without waking up way too early. If there are not a whole lot of couples then we'll just use staggered start, but if for some reason a lot of people sign up then I'll change things up to accommodate more players. I'm still thinking about the exact format in regards to best shot, or whatever...but the idea is to bring out your girl (or younger kid) ( who does not play disc golf nearly as much as you do) they show up, you make sure they have fun playing with you, maybe win enough $ for a nice Valentines dinner (or however you want to spend the $). Tell your friends, if you are "between partners" bring your mom, or borrow a neighbors kid. I may have a kid I can loan somebody hehe. Talk to you later
Tom

Latest posts

Latest posts