• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top 5 US Monuments I would love to huck a disc off... tell me yours

Screw your "US" qualification, I want to huck off of the Christ the Redeemer statue in Brazil, aiming at some hot Brazilian beach chicas of course. "Sorry ladies, here let me massage that massive bruise my Champ Wraith gave you.":D
they got one like that in Arkansas , Eureka Springs i think it was. That whole area would be great for building some baddass courses.

Would Pam Andersons boobs count as a National monument? i know shes originally a Moose Jockey but shes all ours now , those things have got to be good for something cause they aint much to look at as far as breasts go.

Crazy Horse... the pointer finger would have to be the teepad.

Fenway Park... off the Green Monster with a basket on home plate.

French Quarter... balcony teepads.

Across the Mississippi River... somewhere scenic.

Dunns River Falls... it's Jamaica mon!

Across Yosemite Valley (fat chance)

Uluru (Ayers Rock)

Golden Gate Bridge - out into the Pacific at sunset

Those of you who grew up in and around Houston should know about this one.

The San Jacinto Monument is the tallest free standing monument in the US. Its 570ft tall. It marks the spot where the battle of San Jacinto took place. Sam Houston and his men took out the Mexican army that fought at the Alamo.

I would love to throw a disc from here:

san-jacinto-monument2.jpg

San-Jacinto-Monument.jpg

This is a view from the Observation level:

42807_Houston_monument1x.jpg

Crazy Horse... the pointer finger would have to be the teepad.

crazy horse would be a sick shot!!

not in the US, but, summit of Everest would b awesome....

IN the US, summit or triple divide mountain in montana's glacier national park... you can pee into 3 oceans from the summit of that mountain!

Half Dome would be awesome, I came very close to throwing a catch disc off last time I was up there, but the huge littering fine and the ranger sitting 40 ft away ended up being a deterrent. How about the St. Louis Arch?

Royal Gorge Bridge- I'm thinking 8,000 ft tunnel shot with an aviar. Bonus points for landing in a raft.

rocky24.jpg

The San Jacinto Monument is the tallest free standing monument in the US. Its 570ft tall. It marks the spot where the battle of San Jacinto took place. Sam Houston and his men took out the Mexican army that fought at the Alamo.

San-Jacinto-Monument.jpg

huh... I am in Houston right this week for work..... guess I better put my climbin shoes on.

Since I used to be a Texas History teacher - I have to give you props for posting the San Jacinto monument. I'm sure if Sam Houston was a DGer he would have said the same thing. (Little Texas History tidbit - that star on top weighs 220 tons) Everything's bigger in Texas!

Let's see top 5... (in no particular order)

1. The Hollywood sign in LA
2. Devil's Tower (grew up in Wyoming, so how couldn't I)
3. That glass bridge walkway over the Grand Canyon
4. Off the Washington monument - of course the basket would be at the Lincoln Monument
5. The World Trade Centers...Can I still use this one? Would have been really cool - have the basket on Ellis or Liberty Island.

San-Jacinto-Monument.jpg

5. Arlington Cemetary:
DSC_0048.JPG

4. Empire State Building:
virtualtour_esbatnight_image2.jpg

3. From top of a moving San Fran cable car to another:
1stPlaceSanFranciscoCableCars.jpg

2. General Sherman Tree:
sherman2.jpg

1. Half-Dome:
800px-Half_Dome_at_sunset.jpg

The question is, "Has anyone done any of these throws?" I am in Phoenix and hope to get to the Grand Canyon sometime soon. I intend on taking a few discs when I go, perhaps I could sneak a few in at a good location and let it fly!