• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tornado Pictures

Chiefstang

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
There are a few threads discussing the recent tornados hammering the south, but I haven't seen any pictures of damage to the local courses. Now that the dust is settling a bit, are you folks able to get any first hand pictures up here?

im pretty sure sadjo has some from the North Georgia area..didnt get hit as hard as many other areas tho

im pretty sure sadjo has some from the North Georgia area..didnt get hit as hard as many other areas tho

I would say didn't hit an area as densely populated but since almost the entire town of Ringgold has been leveled I wouldn't say hit as hard.

Semantics I know, but they got nailed.

I haven't heard about any courses getting smacked but I would imagine that would be because it is probably the last thing on a lot of people's minds.

^^^^wow..didnt even hear bout that..i retract my previous statement..you guys okay down your way bnc? i guess since we dodged most of it here in upstate sc i was thinking most of GA did too..i was way off

Second storm system didn't do too much damage here. I have only been playing Zebulon lately but I haven't heard of any of the courses in Raleigh close to the first tornado's that were effected too bad.

The area of NE Georgia in Rabun County got hit. 145 homes sustained damage and another 30 were destroyed. Several businesses too.

No courses in the area...of course there are no courses in Rabun County. Now for the shameless plug...we could have a course here if everyone on DGCR that's on facebook votes for "A Community Course" on the DGA Dream Course Give-A-Way.

The pictures I post here are from Mountain City, GA. That's 10 minute north of the radio station I run and one mile south of one of our buildings that houses a transmitter.

The real major damage was at Lake Burton. I never did get out that way but have seen pictures and video. One dead and several injuries.

I submitted before the pictures were all the way uploaded.

Attachments

• Tornado Damage 025.jpg
    Tornado Damage 025.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Tornado Damage 019.jpg
    Tornado Damage 019.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 65
  • Tornado Damage 015.jpg
    Tornado Damage 015.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 67
Buckhorn has a few new low level tree obstacles....but actually nothing in the fairways...unless those were cleared away by park services. It was a couple weeks after so I could be wrong. there are random shingles scattered about...but yeah, Buckhorn was close to some tornadoes, but not actually hit by one.

I live in north Alabama and we got hit real hard around here a couple of subdivisions just a couple of miles from my house got leveled. In fact one only has 3 houses that are still standing. But as far as disc golf courses go the 2 in Athens are fine even thought the sportsplex was underwater for a day. And I haven't heard anything about the Huntsville courses but the storms didn't do to much damage in Huntsville so I think they're alright

Latest posts