• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Total Gym Strength Training - Share your routines

Blake, I see what you mean about having to get creative with it after a while. I've been trying to avoid raising the height to 6 but I just can't anymore. I use 6 for chest and bicep curls now but I'm slowly having to increase the height for all of the exercises. There are only a couple exercises I do at 3 now and the rest are all 4 and 5. That's a good thing but I'm going to have to figure out a better way to isolate muscles or start adding weight to the sled.

I did get my mom to track down the rest of the attachments though. So that was cool.

My routine (I don't have the index cards with the exercise numbers on me right now):

I always start and finish every workout with abs. I'll set it to 3 and use the pull up bar to lock my feet in. 1 set of 30 crunches, 1 set of 40 sprinter sit ups, last set of 30 crunches.

I run 3 miles at 7mph on a low impact treadmill everyday.

Monday:

Bench Press - 3 sets of 12
Butterfly - 3 sets of 10, 1 set middle, 1 set low, 1 set high
Incline Pushup - 3 sets of 15

Pull-Ups – 3 sets of 15
Straight Cable Row - 3 sets of 15
Lat Pull Downs – 3 sets of 10
Reverse Butterfly – 3 sets of 10

Shoulder Press (Military Press) – 3 sets of 15 (1 set middle, 1 set wide, 1 set skinny)
Cross Cable Raises – 3 sets of 10
Front Raises – 3 sets of 10

Tuesday:

Individual Bicep Curls – 3 sets of 10 (each arm)
Tricep Extension (laying down) – 3 sets of 10
Forearm Curls – 3 sets of 12
Tricep Extension (sideways) – 3 sets of 10

One Leg Squats – 3 sets of 20 each leg
Hamstring Pulls – 3 sets of 10 each leg
Sprinter Start (works you butt) – 3 sets of 10 each leg
Calf Raises – 3 sets of 15 each leg

I choose 2 of the compound exercises to do. 1 of them is always the lower abs/pushup position/leg extension thing. THAT hurts like hell. Try adding a pushup to it after the extension. Wow is that painful.

Wednesday: Same as Monday
Thursday: Same as Tuesday
Friday: Same as Monday/Wednesday except for tournament weekends, I drop it down 1 notch on all exercises and do higher rep counts.

Saturday and Sunday: Off

It takes me about two hours per day to do these workouts and its going to get more intense from here on out.