• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Touchy shots under tournament pressure

Agree that practicing those shots is the best way to groove them.

On the course in a tournament, my game theory is 'think less, throw more'. Most people would probably think I play too fast - but I'm not doing myself any favors by contemplating my shot when I step up to it. All of my mental preparation comes walking up to my lie or without addressing my lie. I feel like I've been playing long enough I've made all of the shots I'd probably come across at some point already, just have to have the mindset to trust yourself and your throw. Step up and throw.

I'm not a good player, but when I have shots that touchy like a tight wooded approach, learn one disc you can always depend on.

Once I learned almost all about my 1 disc, it almost makes me just want to use that disc all day. I practice hyzers, annys, strong hyzers, long sweeping annys, skips, etc. Learn about your 1 disc in all weather conditions.

In my honest opinion playing in all weather conditions teaches you so much. If the grip sucks in the cold, can it handle wind, tailwind, headwind, snow etc.

I'd rather practice with a few discs over a bag full of discs, because you know each disc much more than 20 discs.