• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tournament Question

GreenDisc101

On 11/3/13 There will be the Greater Houston Championship at Texas Army Trail according to this website.

My question is am I allowed to go there and watch them play if there is a tournament going on?

Please try to be respectful with your responses had some not so respectful replies to one of my other threads I did not find humorous, thank you.

You don't really get much of a gallery with smaller disc golf tournaments. However, there are usually a couple shelters around the courses and I don't thin it would be any problem to sit at one of those (or rotate between them) and watch as different groups come through. However, (you probably already know this) you always want to be courteous of the people playing and not make noise, turn cell phone off, don't use a flash on your camera and stay out of their putting lines. If you follow these pretty simple guidelines, you should be fine.
Have fun...

Thanks for the reply, I really hope I'm able to at least go there and try to watch some people play. I'm not very good, but I cant get Disc Golf out of my head lol. But I am getting little better every time, My best score at Texas Army Trail for 18 holes is +14 over... lol, but hard course for me and there are trees everywhere.

You could go one step further and offer to volunteer.
You could spot, caddy, help with set up and tear down, etc.

YES Its okay

By all means go... Ive done it a couple times.

There may be someone there selling disc, and stuff... before and after the rounds is great chance to meet new folks as well. Just find a comfy spot where you can hopefully watch a couple holes.. and enjoy.

another thought

Here's another thought... The tournaments still a month and a half away.

If there's a recreational division.. sign up and play.

Last thing I read is this tournament is at Oak Meadow and TC Jester. Not at TAT. There is plenty of space at OM to watch without anyone noticing.

I agree with DGAR. You've got a month and a half to practice, so consider signing up in the REC division and giving it a try. That is why that division exists. I played my first three tournaments this past summer and had a great time. Learned a lot from the others on my cards and got some good swag in the player's packs.

Read through the rules a couple of times, watch the other players, and have a good time.

Hmm some good ideas, idk about the competing one though lol. But my game has gotten a little better, just picked up a new disc today, Discraft Buzzz Mid-Rnge - so far I love it. But volunteering sounds like fun to me, any ideas how I go about doing that? or is it something I just show up and ask to help kind of thing

Call Cory's bicycle shop in Pearland. They are sponsors of the event and are partners with Gorilla Disc Golf who is hosting the event.

Latest posts