• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tournament swag

corey

Bogey Member
I'm hoping to play in my first tournament tomorrow, and I was wondering- is it pretty standard to get a disc with one's entry fee? Lunch? Just wondering what my $27 would go to if I entered. Anyone have some words of wisdom?

Money's tight right now, and unless I can come away with something (preferably some plastic), I don't know if I can justify forking out the money.

As far as the disc with the entry fee goes, I think that really depends on the tournament. Some do them, some don't. Same thing with lunch, but most of the tournies I've played in, lunch was provided. It'd probably be best to ask the TD or someone who is playing as well.

Words of wisdom...just tell everyone in your group it is your first tournament and they'll lead you in the right direction as far as rules go. Don't be afraid to ask questions and most importantly, have fun!

Ahh Swag. It is really nice that they give the stuff to you at all to be honest. I have been to a tournament and not gotten a disc. I have been to a tournament and not gotten a shirt. I have been to a tournament that did not feed me lunch. I have also been to tournaments that have done all of it and then some. It is really up to the TD and anyone else who might be helping the TD run the tournament. For $27 I would not expect a whole lot, but you never know.

i just played in a tourney for $25, and didn't get a disc. there was a players pack with a towel. a mini, and some other stuff in it. the payouts were nice, 10 people in intermediate got discs, as well as credit for a disc vendor at the tourney. and the pros got strait cash. like the others said, it all depends on the tourney

Around here, novice and intermediate play for $28 dollars, with a $10 credit to shop in the TD's store. All AM's get the $10 player pack, nothing for the pros, as they already have a lot of plastic and want the cash more. Lunch isn't provided.

i just played in a tourney for $25, and didn't get a disc. there was a players pack with a towel. a mini, and some other stuff in it. the payouts were nice, 10 people in intermediate got discs, as well as credit for a disc vendor at the tourney. and the pros got strait cash. like the others said, it all depends on the tourney

amount of players, divisions and entry fee.

If the tournys where you are are anything like the ones out here, you will get your moneys worth. I've been to tournys in which I didn't get a disc, but I still ended up with enough swag to make up for it, and the cost was lower for the fact they didn't have discs.

If nothing else , playing in tournament is a great way to make new friends. I have played in many tournaments, and I am pretty well know now is the disc golf community. I am on a course, and I hear some one yell, "Hey, Midnightbiker,whats up?". Its pretty cool.

The people in town and the local police also know me as "The Frisbee Guy".

If nothing else , playing in tournament is a great way to make new friends. I have played in many tournaments, and I am pretty well know now is the disc golf community. I am on a course, and I hear some one yell, "Hey, Midnightbiker,whats up?". Its pretty cool.

Ha, that is great. I guess I need to keep playing tournies. Hoping I can make friends with some of the Pros and get connected in that circle.

I ended up playing. Got a t-shirt and a nice mini, as well as a couple Innova stickers.

It was 25 holes, 2 rounds. I did not play well, but I don't think I was dead last in my division. But it was close...haha. The guys in my group were nice, and I got to meet a lot of other local players. I don't think I'll be playing a lot of tourneys (too much wasted time sitting around waiting to get started, etc.), but it was a good experience the first time around.

Just placed 2nd Int. in a tournament and got $55 credit to the disc store. Got some nice stuff, always a plus to get prizes but just playign in the tournament was a blast

I ended up playing. Got a t-shirt and a nice mini, as well as a couple Innova stickers.

It was 25 holes, 2 rounds. I did not play well, but I don't think I was dead last in my division. But it was close...haha. The guys in my group were nice, and I got to meet a lot of other local players. I don't think I'll be playing a lot of tourneys (too much wasted time sitting around waiting to get started, etc.), but it was a good experience the first time around.

After each of my first 4 or 5 tournaments, I swore I wouldn't play another because the slow pace killed me. I've now played about 60.....you may change your feelings, or may find it's not your cup of tea.

For what it's worth, A-tiers are required to give all Ams a players package worth $25 for showing up, and B-tiers required to give $10 worth. C-tiers and unsanctioned events may or may not give anything; if they don't, they're probably giving a good bit more in payouts (which is the top 50% of each division, or close to it). FYI.

"Look, officer. Frisbee is a registered trademark of Wham-o. Gossssh."

jon_heder_napoleon_dynamite_interview_top.jpg

Latest posts