• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Towch

Glad to see a discussion on the Towch finally make it on DGCR.

Thank you all for your positivity. We think it's a great product as well.

We're feeling blessed to have a great sport we love and an awesome product to represent.

Won't say anything further to avoid the comment being deleted.

Hope you get a chance to get out and disc soon!!

:)

I picked one up recently and I'm digging it so far. It looks good and works well. I snapped it up to the straps on my bag so it rides high and is out of the way of the ground. It is thick and larger than i expected. It has space for about 3 discs . Even if you don't use it as a towel it might be worth it if you want some extra storage. You can easily use it as an extra pocket. Its pretty deep so discs ride nice and snug.

^Love your username btw.

1363567166_ryu.jpg

I was thinking about getting one because I like to practice putting with about 4-5 putters before a tourney starts and this would be an easy way to stash those extras. Then I'd just toss the towch o putters in the trunk before the round starts.

I might get one but I don't see how it would hook up to a Grip L Frame bag in any usuable way except one and I don't want it between my back and the bag. I'll probably stick to the funkybeefs towels I already have. They work quite well and I don't need to keep my hands spotless on the course. I can use the same towel I wipe the disc off with to clean my hands.

Does it just clip onto the bag?

I believe it has a carabiner clip on each side. If anyone has one and a grip bag I'd love to see how you attach it with both clips in a way that it is accessible and not in the way of the disc opening.

got my towch in from them to test out and give my thoughts about it. The material that it is made from is actually really nice as you can see the outside of it is smooth and the inside is like a terry towel. The way this is made is very nice for the price point, the grommets and sewing look great. I was able to fit 2 drivers, 2 mids, and a putter in my towch fairly easily. As for wearing it as a hat it was somewhat tight on my head ( i wear a size 7.5 hat) but if you fold it up a bit like a regular winter hat it fits the head slightly better and im sure over time it should stretch out and be able to worn more comfortably. Also included in my pics are how i attached it to my grip bag, i just clipped it onto the side tightening straps and it can easily fit discs this way and doesnt hinder pulling them out or putting new ones in. I havent played a round with it yet, just threw some discs into the snow here in Alaska and got them nice and wet, the towch dried them off really nicely.

I might pick one of these up for picking up litter, I don't know.

I saw they were running a special - 4 for $35 with Priority S&H included. For that price I picked up four. One will be a Christmas present.

They can't be that bad, and they could possibly be good (I won't be using them as a hat, ever).

I'll post here when they arrive and I try them out.

P.S. I believe the special is supposed to end in about three hours - 6pm eastern time today. http://thetowch.com/Cyber/ .

Just wanted to update this thread.

Got my four Towches. They shipped two days after they said they would, but I don't really care - they arrived in two days and I had them on Friday after ordering them on Monday.

The quality and craftsmanship (of a towel, yes, I know) is fine. There are no weak or mis-stitched seams. The carabiners are of the cheaper variety but that's fine, too (seems that's all you can find these days outside of actual rock climbing). Each bag came with two carabiners and two thin key rings.

I won't be using these as a bag, but if I was, they held four Volts comfortable, with a fifth possible if you stretched the Towch when pushing it in.

I also won't be using them as a hat, because of the obvious reasons first, but also because they're apparently only hats for smaller headed people. My head is pretty "medium" sized if you care about wearing a Towch on your head.

The outside of the Towch had some pilling, but when I drug it through some dry leaves very few stuck, and those that did came off with a shake or two. That's a plus - I hate it when my towel picks up leaves. It's worse when the towel can fold over on itself, and that doesn't happen with the Towch.

Drying a disc by slipping it in and working it around is about as expected. The inside is a nice simple microfiber style towel. You can flip it inside out and have a regular towel if you want, too - but slipping the disc in even part way to dry off one side of your disc works well. The towel isn't so large that your disc flops all around in the Towch, but not so small either that you have to jam a disc in to get it in there for drying. Even the Prometheus fit in just fine (the widest disc I own - an Ultimate disc will not fit).

All told, for the price, I consider the Towch a good purchase. I'd pay up to about $10 for them, including shipping, but above that… I'd want something like custom printing and logos or something. The Towch repels leaves, dries discs, doesn't flop around, attaches easily to your bag via one or two clips, and seems reasonably well made.

It's just a towel, and I'm surprised I wrote this much about it, but there you have it. It does its job, and does it pretty well because it's somewhat unique.

I was thinking the same thing. could the Towch be a permanent replacement for a towel strapped to the bag? (I currently have the DGA towel)

I was thinking the same thing. could the Towch be a permanent replacement for a towel strapped to the bag? (I currently have the DGA towel)

Yeah. So long as your discs aren't dripping wet (because the Towch dries a bit more slowly), but if it's that wet out, you'd probably have a backup towel anyway.

You know, I had a microfiber towel strapped to the bag, and quickly discovered that thing is like velcro to leaves and grass when i set the bag down. After that I switched to these inexpensive, bright microfiber cloths they sell at walmart in the Auto detailing section. They are like $6 for 15 or something ridiculous like that. I just stuff em in the bag or a pocket to keep them from collecting debris between uses.

I saw the Towch online, and was intrigued by it. Ultimately, I decided against it since I've lost a few of the cheap-o towels and like having some extras for friends to hand off to them. In the end, I just figured it was less expense if I lost one comparatively. In theory though, I really do like the idea of the Towch.

Yeah. So long as your discs aren't dripping wet (because the Towch dries a bit more slowly), but if it's that wet out, you'd probably have a backup towel anyway.

Sounds great! Thanks

You know, I had a microfiber towel strapped to the bag, and quickly discovered that thing is like velcro to leaves and grass when i set the bag down.

EXACTLY!!! I don't know how many times I've found random leaves in the trunk of my towel due to that stupid microfiber.

How much would these sag on the ground if you clipped one to the top of a standard disc golf bag? Less than a regular DG towel I assume?

How much would these sag on the ground if you clipped one to the top of a standard disc golf bag? Less than a regular DG towel I assume?

Yes, less than a standard towel, unless your towel is about the size of a washcloth.

I don't have the measurements, but if the towel is 9 inches wide, it's about 12 to 14 inches tall.

Latest posts