• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Traveling with Disc Golf Equipment

Adam_Valk

If you are traveling by airplane how do you usually pack your disc golf equipment? I have flown with discs before and they were my baggage and my baggage was searched. I could tell by how messy the luggage was when I opened it when I got to my destination. I then threw them in my carry on and on the way back I was stopped because the security didn't know what they were and until I explained what they were they were going to confiscate them. Just wondering if anyone else has had any experiences like I did.

There was another thread with the same question. many people recommend carrying them on, and perhaps a PDGA member card to show security if you get stopped will help people understand

I just put a putter in my checked bag and went with that only. I guess it depends on how serious you want to be when you get there.

I flew to Amsterdam and back with 1 bag and a bunch of discs. Carry on both ways. No problems. I was lucky because there were substances that are legal in Amsterdam in my bag, but illegal here. Just a little bit I forgot I had from my round in Rotterdam.

Everything in the belly. I hate carry on.

Having done some extensive travel for work, I can say that checked baggage is one of the biggest time killers and hassles for traveling. Do everything in your power to get as much into the fewest, smallest bags possible and carry on all luggage if you can. Most other road warriors would agree.

I have never had a problem with discs in checked or carry-on luggage. They've obviously looked through my checked bag before, but that's not a big deal. They've never even taken a second look when I've had a few discs in my carry-on bag.

I am planning to travel with my bag tomorrow. I am carrying my bag on. I guess we will see what happens. This will be a good time to clean out my bag prior to flying I guess.

Having done some extensive travel for work, I can say that checked baggage is one of the biggest time killers and hassles for traveling. Do everything in your power to get as much into the fewest, smallest bags possible and carry on all luggage if you can. Most other road warriors would agree.

lol, I beat the trail for 20 years. In the last 8 years of that I was coast to coast around 250 days a year. I guess it's just preference. Or I'm not a "warrior".

I've had to deal with lost baggage on more than one occasion as well. I'd hate to have to start all over after losing my discs.

I travel for a living.

I travel for a living and always carry my bag on. My bag has an avg of 25 discs in it. I am often times stopped at the security screen and questioned on what they are but never given a hard time. Its pretty easy to carry them on. I took my discs on over 100 flights last year.

I travel for a living and always carry my bag on. My bag has an avg of 25 discs in it. I am often times stopped at the security screen and questioned on what they are but never given a hard time. Its pretty easy to carry them on. I took my discs on over 100 flights last year.

What these? Those are nothing, sir. Just a collection of Jihad plates.

Thanks for the advice guys because I might fly down to Miami to visit some family this summer and was also curious.
I'll be leaving all of my "Death to America" stamps at home.

Yeah, as I have probably said somewhere in another thread a long time ago, carry the discs on and then dream of playing a few holes down the concourse.

I have only once not gotten straight through with my discs as a carryon. They decided they wanted to scan the bag again for some reason.

Latest posts