• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Trilogy Only Bag

sgamerp

Thanks, Dad
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
What would every recommend for a trilogy only bag? I've been digging the putters and mids and slowly converting to all trilogy bag. I personally have a noodle arm, but didn't see this thread before so figured a full thread would be cool.

Probably the easiest way to do this would be to say what type of discs you like in each slot and we can give you some options from the trilogy lineup.

This however is what I would construct for myself;

Warhorse x2
Nikko Adder
Sheriff
Ahti or Pioneer x2
Bear x2
Stag
Justice
Bard x2
Harp
Maiden/Pure
Swan2 x3

I have two Underworld in my bag, one around 170G and one around 155G. I also throw a lightweight Opto Saint and a 170G Gold Line Saint. My current primary driver is a 154G King....until I run out.

Underworld, tursas, warship, Stag, king, Saint, did I say Tursas haha.

Oh wait I didn't, burn em and gogo gyro.

Lol I stopped throwing gyro when I came back the theory wasn't a disc anymore lol.

I throw a mixed bag, but really like some trilogy molds. This is what I would do if it had to be 100% trilogy:

Judge: Classic Blend (putting) & Lucid (great upshot disc)
EMac Truth: Prime & Lucid
River: Opto
Explorer: Opto
Escape: Lucid
Trespass: Lucid
Felon: Lucid

I throw a mixed bag, but really like some trilogy molds. This is what I would do if it had to be 100% trilogy:

Judge: Classic Blend (putting) & Lucid (great upshot disc)
EMac Truth: Prime & Lucid
River: Opto
Explorer: Opto
Escape: Lucid
Trespass: Lucid
Felon: Lucid

What do you use a river for vs the explorer?

I like the river for straight shots, anhyzers, standstills. It is a core mold in my bag.

I prefer Teebirds to explorers honestly, but they are the closest to that I have tried from trilogy. I do have two explorers for soft hyzers or for shots where the river could get away from me, but need it to go straight. I tried them out of curiosity and while decent discs, they did not make me replace the teebird. So, it is very unlikely that I will ever throw a one company bag.

I bag 3 Northmen, 2-3 Mavericks, and Explorer and a Stag currently.

I've putted with Wardens and Judges before too.

I've moved on from some other ones due to lack of availability though.

What would every recommend for a trilogy only bag? I've been digging the putters and mids and slowly converting to all trilogy bag. I personally have a noodle arm, but didn't see this thread before so figured a full thread would be cool.

I've started bagging a few trilogy discs and been really enjoying them. I'm a 57 YO noodle arm myself, maxing at around 300'. I've gone for glide to compensate for a shoulder injury.

Grace
Bear x 2 (VIP, and VIP Ice first run - basically two different stabilities)
Stag / Orbit Saint Pro (same distance, different shapes)
Hatchet
Explorer (this disc is a revelation)
Maul
Underworld

I feel like I have every shape covered with the above.

I then descend into non-trilogy ... Hex / Uplink / Spin / A2 / Berg / Reko

I am trying out a River, but I can't quite work it out ... I think I'm overthrowing it.

Last edited:
Trilogy and sandpaper go together like beer and Bengay... if you wanna play. I could skin a deer with a fresh river.

Shield, Warship, Bear, Northman, Sword. If you want to carry more add some utility like Harp, Swan, Ahti, Seer

Half of my bag is Trilogy. Here is what I recommend from my bag:
Pure
Explorer
Bear
Trespass

Sword is also a great noodle arm distance driver. Harp is also a good approach disc but too deep for my small hands.

I bag 3 Northmen, 2-3 Mavericks, and Explorer and a Stag currently.

I've putted with Wardens and Judges before too.

I've moved on from some other ones due to lack of availability though.

How do you use your explorer compared to the stag? I've heard the stag is better for control in wooded courses.

Pure
Harp
Warrant
Truth
Verdict
Saint
Saint Pro
Felon

Warrants can be hard to find, so a Tursas, Fuse, or Bounty could substitute in the US mid slot. I've never clicked with the faster Trilogy drivers that I've tried, but with my arm I'm delusional if I think I'll get much benefit from anything faster than a 9-speed (the Wraiths in my bag notwithstanding).

A tip from someone that gets really overwhelmed with choosing discs: I might start with Latitude 64 since they've got the biggest catalogue and try to make a bag with only their discs. Then supplement with the other two brands. It shouldn't be too hard to find something you like since the whole Trilogy brand has a ton of discs to choose from, but giving yourself a restriction might be a good thing.

Or, alternatively, you could just look at the brands' most popular discs and just go with them. Tried and true.

The first suggestion, for my bag personally, I might do something like:

Ballista Pro/Ballista
Grace
Felon/Explorer/River
Anchor/Maces (I'm a Roc thrower, so I like the beaded "old-school" feeling mids)
Harp/Emac Judge

The second suggestion, your bag might look something like (I'm not up to date on all of the most popular molds, but these are ones I see thrown a lot):

Enforcer/Ballista Pro/Grace
Felon/Saint Pro/Maverick
Verdict/Emac Truth/Fuse
Harp/Emac Judge/Pure

Currently:
King (rollers)
Fortress/Northman (Overstable-Stable/Neutral-Understable fairway)
Pine/Gatekeeper (same as Fortress/Northman but mids)
Shield (putting)

How do you use your explorer compared to the stag? I've heard the stag is better for control in wooded courses.

The Stag carves up wooded holes perfectly. That's exactly what I use it for. The Explorer is like a noodle arm Teebird for me. Nice and straight with a reliable fade. For woods courses I'm basically throwing Stag and Maverick these days.