• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Trilogy Only Bag

The Stag carves up wooded holes perfectly. That's exactly what I use it for. The Explorer is like a noodle arm Teebird for me. Nice and straight with a reliable fade. For woods courses I'm basically throwing Stag and Maverick these days.

Awesome I grabbed a stag today! Excited to try it out. The course I normally play is pretty open, but I tend to want to play more wooded stuff.

I wouldn't have to change my bag too much to make it all Trilogy. Bag suggestion, molds I bag in bold:

Pure (floaty)
Judge (versatile)
Harp (obligatory Zonelike)

Emac Truth
Warship
Tursas

Spectrum of mids. Probably could go Compass + Fuse if doing all Lat64.

XXX
Explorer
Stag
Underworld

Spectrum of fairways. If XXX isn't available, a stable Bear might work in that slot. Of if you like speed 9s better, you could probably switch to:

Felon
Culverin/Getaway
Saint
Hatchet/Fury

Optional distance:

Sword/Grace
Bolt/Sapphire

The disc I would miss the most would be the Berg. There's probably a much better analogue than the Judge (Sinus?) but I haven't thrown them.

But why?

I'm still not sure why people feel the need to be obligatory to own just one brand. That being said, trilogy are some of my best discs. Trilogy discs I will never remove include

Bear in tournament plastic - so easy to throw. Always has a soft reliable fade no matter how hard you throw it. Glides for days.

Fuzion orbit felon and rive - once they get nicely worked in, they are my favorite overstable discs.

Gatekeeper - such a great disc for shot shaping.

Warden in classic - perfect putter.

I'm still not sure why people feel the need to be obligatory to own just one brand.

For me as I get back into it, it's just easier to stick to one brand (or in this case a collective of brands) to start off again and figure out what I like. I've been playing for a while but as I get back into it and a bit more serious some of the stuff I threw was no longer easy to replace.

Throw a Lucid Escape every now and then as I try to develop a workable forehand game. The Judge was my putter in the bag for the better part of a year at one point. I've briefly bagged an Opto Saint in the past. Other than that, I am not a big DD or Latitude fan.

Currently putt with a Swan. Have a few Hatchets and Seers as my fairways. Stag is great too, though I haven't bagged one in years.

You should check and see if there's any Trilogy Challenges near you. I did one today and the Pure, Warship and Vandal would be a good base to start a bag. Also as a fellow noodle arm (struggle to break 300) I really recommend the Trespass. Felon is a great disc too

You should check and see if there's any Trilogy Challenges near you. I did one today and the Pure, Warship and Vandal would be a good base to start a bag. Also as a fellow noodle arm (struggle to break 300) I really recommend the Trespass. Felon is a great disc too

I'm playing one in a few weeks. How did the Vandal fly? Never thrown one.

I have a vandal. It flies much less stable than the numbers in my experience. It's orbit fuzion plastic and not very old and the only way I can get a decent fade is with a pretty big hyper flip.

For me it's a turnover or hyper flip disc. If I threw rollers it would be good foe that as well. I haven't fallen in love with it yet. It always seems to to turn too much when I want a straight shot and too little when I want a turnover. I'll keep working with it, but again, not in love yet.

The pure is easy to love.

As far as a one brand bag goes, if it makes your life easy, great. I happen to have a lot of trilogy but would definitely miss some of my other brands. If I was going to do one brand, trilogy is where I would head.

Most of what I'm seeing here is ignoring the key words of your post: noodle arm.

Forget any speed 13 molds, and probably 12.

Forget OS discs like Pioneer, Ahti, Felon.

I've thrown a ton of Latitude and Westside, and they have all the drivers you need.

Saint, River, Maul, Fury, Northman, Stag, Hatchet, Underworld, plus few more. Dynamic's Breakout and Maverick are good too. Escape is pretty workable too in lighter weights.

A higher speed disc I've enjoyed is the Sword in lighter weights.

Lastly, the Sapphire is probably the best Trilogy distance driver for a noodle arm.

Voice of experience.

Last edited:
Most of what I'm seeing here is ignoring the key words of your post: noodle arm.

I've thrown a ton of Latitude and Westside, and they have all the drivers you need.

Saint, River, Maul, Fury, Northman, Stag, Hatchet, Underworld, plus few more. Dynamic's Breakout and Maverick are good too. Escape is pretty workable too in lighter weights.

A higher speed disc I've enjoyed is the Sword in lighter weights.

Lastly, the Sapphire is probably the best Trilogy distance driver for a noodle arm.

Voice of experience.

^This is what's up right here. You could even add Diamond, Seer, Vision, Convict and Jade to the forementioned noodle arm molds.

Sure, but we have nothing to work with aside from that so I think most of us are just rec'ing stuff we throw and for what role.

Do they like fast fairways? Breakout/Escape/Hatchet will cover everything

But maybe they're a mold minimalist?, in which case Stags in varying plastics

Forehand dominant? Bear is better than a Stag

Maybe they prefer Teebird-ish over Eagle-esque? Explorer

Maybe they don't like fairways at all and prefer mids? Verdict/Truth

Prefer beads? Justice/Bard

Slow mids? Anvil/Gatekeeper

Driving putters? Shields, Judges, Pures are all good

And one should never be without an OS disc, idc what your throwing distance is. There's just some stuff you can't do without one

Last edited:
Good point. I think Monkeypaws made a valid point about the noodle arm part though.

I personally love the grip of Opto/VIP/Lucid plastics. I LOVE the fact that I can beat the newness out of them and get them to fly truer to the numbers quicker. I never under
stood the love for Champion plastic whatever's. By the time you get that disc beat in to fly perfectly you lose it and start over.

Discraft offers the Mantis still. In Z plastic. So not a Mantis. :|

I just wish Trilogy would start molding some more of the previously mentioned molds more frequently, or at all. Opto Orbit Ice Felons or whatever they're advertising now could be simplified too lol. WTF? :doh:

I personally love the grip of Opto/VIP/Lucid plastics. I LOVE the fact that I can beat the newness out of them and get them to fly truer to the numbers quicker. I never under
stood the love for Champion plastic whatever's. By the time you get that disc beat in to fly perfectly you lose it and start over.

This. For daaaaaaaaaays

I don't know about this. I'm another noodle arm topping at 300' and I get additional distance from the Bolt compared to 7-9-speeds, flies a bit like a longer Stag that ideally wants but doesn't always need a little extra space. If that's 5'-10' closer to the basket after one throw or 20'-40' after three, it's going to add up to strokes. People will say, "Just throw your Stag better, Eagle throws a putter 400'" etc. Well, yes, I get extra distance from the Bolt because I'm not Eagle. (I did note distance drivers are optional for anyone's bag.)

I throw the XXX not for distance but for the curve, skip and/or predictability. I would assume many noodle arms who carry Firebirds or Felons do it for the same reasons.

I throw the XXX not for distance but for the curve, skip and/or predictability. I would assume many noodle arms who carry Firebirds or Felons do it for the same reasons.
:thmbup: I don't enjoy throwing meathook fairway drivers, but they are so useful at times that I wouldn't want to be without one. I may not even throw it every round, but when the shot calls for it, there is nothing else that can do what it does.

So when I made this thread I noticed that there wasn't a trilogy bag thread before so figured I'd just ask the general question for all, but the helps focusing on my noodle arm is nice for me too! Thanks everyone who has came and helped and honestly I just wanna know what discs people seem to love and what discs have help spots in the bag.

So I guess to add on after playing about 5-6 rounds now with mostly all trilogy this is kind of what's in the bag right now.

Judge- I have 4 of these. Prime for main putter, Soft for uphill/fall flat approaching. Fusion (I think it's the 2013 Glass Blown Open one) for 45+ putts/approaches

Harp - I have an Origio and VIP. I grabbed the VIP as I am loving the Origio but know it'll beat up fast. This is a zone replacement which I actually have better results on keeping it close to the basket but it lost some distance.

Mids

Tursas - I have a chameleon and an AIR VIP. The air vip seems to be effortless turn over. I don't really have to put much on it and it goes. Good for tighter holes. The Chameleon is straight to understable.

Warship - Tournament and VIP - the Tournament has been on the bag for a while now. The VIP was as it's replacement. This is the main mid range

Supreme Fugitive - this replaced my my M1 and the zone. This thing has some beef and a little more distance than the Harp. I throw this forehand a lot too when I'm stuck in an odd spot

Drivers

Underworld - VIP and Origio. Normally I just wanted to try the base plastic out. I don't think I love it for fairways like I do DX/Pro like stuff.

Explorer - chameleon. I like this. Of all the fairways this seems to give the best but I don't love it.

Saint - Skullboy Opto and recycled. This is one of the few discs I do enjoy that base plastic in. Both of these I like a lot but the glide makes it sometimes a little less predictable.

Long Bowman - Besides the Underworld this is probably one of the only other discs that may have cemented itself into the bag. I love it for forehand flex shots. Really helped get out of some horrible shots and put myself in a position to not fail lol.

Try outs

I added an Air Hatchet figured it may be a good noodle arm distance driver.

None of the drivers I seemed to love in the woods so I grabbed a VIP Stag

Other drivers I've tried

Escape - pretty close to the saint but I didn't like it as much. I got these in a lot trade years ago.

River Recycled - I still throw these as I think I get the line and the glide but they haven't really clicked. Not sure if it's the plastic of the disc.

Sapphire - this disc hasn't done much for me. Can't really seem to separate it from anything else.

Air Flow I think this was US and it really didn't seem that. Looked it up and maybe it's more OS, will maybe try some flex forearm stuff with it.

End notes.

Mids and putters I'm pretty much all good on. Still need some stuff on the driver's but will come back and let you know. I assume I missed some stuff I've tried but this is fairly close to it.