• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trouble on the Home Front

sorry you didnt get your disc back. that sucks.
i wonder if he gave it away to someone that he could get it back from?
what disc was it btw?

Not that it matters but it was a brand new 11x Champ Teebird. A local store still had a few with that stamp on it. I had just bought it that morning, played a round that afternoon, left it on the last hole I played, went back that night to get it, a guy was still there that had just played a round with the club president and said that he had picked it up and that I should get in touch with him to get it back. I sent him an e-mail that night. He gave it away still waiting to hear to. Maybe the person he gave it to will have some heart and give it back. It's a shame people can't get over piddly things like this. I mean who holds a grudge for 3 years over 2 little discs so much to the point that you won't even talk to that person or anything. It's pathetic if you ask me!

it matters, you lose an 11x teebird around here and people will cry like babies.

I sent the TD an e-mail the NIGHT I lost my disc stating that I had lost it, and that I wanted to get it back knowing good and well he had it. I got an e-mail tonight when I got home stating he GAVE it away. Just gave it away. Does that make sense to anyone? It wasn't like I waited a week to let the guy know it was that very night.

The TD did this for revenge. Plain and simple. And he probably considers it "poetic justice," since in his mind you're guilty and convicted. He's never going to get over it, and will continue to be hostile to you until you make a penance that satiates his hatred.

If you're being honest and are truly wrongly "convicted," the best way to win them over -- maybe the truly Christian thing to do -- would be to donate to their tournaments and events and course improvement, etc., without ever asking to have the ban lifted or even bringing up the stolen discs fiasco from several years ago. Kill 'em with kindness, but make it real, true altruistic kindness that doesn't ask for repair of the harm done to you. Show them what you're really made of, and maybe you'll get them to forget their grudge. The only other option, if you don't want your lost discs to continue to be stolen from you by the members of this club, is to come forward with a false confession and live with the shame you don't deserve, as well as the shame of becoming a liar just to be forgiven by people who have falsely convicted you without solid evidence. I myself couldn't handle that.

And the moral of the story is that the first thing you do with ANY foundling disc is look over it CAREFULLY, not "quickly" before putting it in your bag or playing with it or marking it. I expect this is what sealed your untrustworthiness in the TD's mind. Live and learn with that one. :\

Just a suggestion, but it may cost you some money. Go to the TD and staying calm the whole time, explain to him what happened. It may even be better just to write a letter. You can then get your whole story in without an ensuing argument. At the end of the letter tell him that you are more than willing to pay for a polygraph test to prove your innocence if that is acceptable to him.

I knew an individual that once did this and ended up having to pay for the test, but after passing it he could not easily be blaimed again.

As for the TD keeping you out of the event, if he feels threatened by you or concerned about loss, I am willing to bet the PDGA BOD would allow him to ban you.

Latest posts