• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Turbo Putt

At least once every two rounds, if not more. It's saved me more strokes and gotten more, "OHHHHH!!!'s" than any other trick/uncommon shot by far. Are you asking for daily drivers? I doubt many do for every putt...it's especially difficult outside the circle. EDIT: woods player here FWIW

Do you?

I use it whenever I'm inside the circle and don't have good footing, or have an elevated basket. Gives me a bigger target. In woods courses I probably turbo putt 2-4 times a round.

I practice a few before cash rounds but hardly ever use them. Good tool to have... I'm just not confident enough when they're needed.

I turbo putt / throw using the 'rock and roll hand' grip. Takes a ton of practice, much fun. Over bushes, on elevated baskets and some awkward stretch left or right from the lie shots. 3rd and 4th finger under the rim is solid and better balanced imho. Impresses casuals and old taters both now and then.

https://youtu.be/aci_Vo6cBNg. (Not me)

Last edited:
Count me in the 'rock and roll' grip camp. Could never throw them with all four fingers on the outside.

I practice them, but only use them once in a while. Comes in quite handy at times and yes, every once in a while I get some oohs and ahhs!:D

I mess around with them, I'm 6'4" and still need it to get over some of the brush on the local courses it. I'm comfortable with it to just outside the circle, as long as the putter is right.

I incorporate Turbos into my putting practice. I always seem to end up behind bushes, trees, or anything else I can throw behind. Turbo has saved my bacon on elevated baskets, too.

Latest posts