• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Two Courses in Rolla, MO

For whatever it is worth, moving back the tee for 8 makes that an impossible shot to clear the woods and throw towards the old 9 tee. Maybe one out of 100 guys that play the course could pull that shot off. I could see that as a pro tee location, but that is filthy for the regular tee. I know it is too late for that feedback, but I didn't realize it was discussed moving it, or I would have piped in quite a bit sooner.
FWIW, moving the # 8 tee back has brought that route toward the old # 9 tee into play for me. From the shorter tee I couldn't hit that up and over route but I could hit the opening over to the left following the defined fairway fairly consistently with a hyzer shot. From that shorter tee I basically followed the fairway. With the tee so far back I can't hit that opening with any regularity any more, and trying to get over to the left is a pretty awkward forehand shot that I don't really have when I miss. Since I'm best-case taking two shots before I have a look at the basket either way, now I'm just throwing a putter straight up into the open in front of the tee and then going up and over with the hyzer on my second shot into that huge open area where the # 9 tee was.

So it's just one of those things; the longer tee takes the up and over shot away off the tee for the big arms but it brings that shot from the fairway into play for the weenie arms. Either way it's a good deal that the tee for # 9 was moved.

The only thing I hate about your local routes is that I can't hit them.

played 4 rounds at lions club last month, its a great course, well maintained (fresh pads from what i understand also) Course is very fun and challenging. First time i played it i was omw back from vichy and i was like whats all the fuss about its not "that" hard of course. Then i went back and crushed 3 rounds in a day and it was more difficult that time. I think i shot par or close to it, 1 time, but the rest i shot like a 59, 61 or something else awful. Its a good course tho and ill def. be back.

I went by Ber Juan after work today. There were two tees installed on # 1. I didn't see any work being done on # 2 and didn't go any further into the park.

They were coverd. but it looked like concrete.

I emailed Kristy, and she said they needed to do something about the big mud pit by the building so these two tees got done. She said she didn't know of plans to do any more right now. It's a start, though.

Latest posts