• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Udisc out-of-town superheros

tomjulio

Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Anyone else who watches the Udisc leaderboards for their local courses get that random out of towner no one knows of who plays every course in your area once over a few days and sets a course record on each and every one of them? I'm not gonna say that this looks fishy, but I know I would def have no problem ordering extra tarter sauce for this kind of stinky fish dinner.

Hell, I've done that...sorta. When visiting my folks in Michigan I torched a couple of courses. May not have been record rounds, but it was damn close.

Anyone else who watches the Udisc leaderboards for their local courses get that random out of towner no one knows of who plays every course in your area once over a few days and sets a course record on each and every one of them? I'm not gonna say that this looks fishy, but I know I would def have no problem ordering extra tarter sauce for this kind of stinky fish dinner.
In casual rounds, especially on courses I'm not familiar with, I tend to not play OB rules, especially the ones that seem more superficial/forced. That, and the occasional extra throw ('when am I going to play here again?' mentality) means some scores are more generous than they would be in other circumstances.

In casual rounds, especially on courses I'm not familiar with, I tend to not play OB rules, especially the ones that seem more superficial/forced. That, and the occasional extra throw ('when am I going to play here again?' mentality) means some scores are more generous than they would be in other circumstances.
Multiple throws is why I only score the first shots. Even at home. I've had more than a few aces that don't count because of that.

I have seen scores as low as 18 on an 18 hole course.

But to be honest, I give myself one mulligan per hole when I play casual. A lot of it depends on how I feel at the time. Sometimes I hit that first tree and say "screw it" and play it from there.

I also only play OB when it is marked on the tee sign. I know during tournaments some courses have "extra" OB's.

yea, most UDisc rounds are casual. I don't suck, but I do notice my scores are almost always in the top 10 on most courses I play, but then those courses don't get much play.

Latest posts