• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

UDisc Pro price tripling

I realize I am much different than most golfers. I honestly, have never found navigation difficulties that frustrating. I am hardly ever in a time crunch, enjoy the hiking portion of the game and don't think I have ever walked off a course, unable to find the next hole. Shrug.....there are few things that I make a priority over golf. An app is far more likely to detract from my experience than add anything to it. Disc golf is my app.

I once got so lost that I ended up taking an Uber back to my truck. A tee sign was spun around and at the front of the tee box, so I tee'd off in the opposite direction. It was supposed to be a long hole with blind shots, so I didn't think much about my first 2 shots. From there, I had an approach shot thru a small gap that seemed close to what was shown on the tee sign. I nail the gap, then when I walk up to it, I see that I had thrown into a busy highway. I tried to backtrack, but I guess I took a different natural path and never made it back to the box. After about 10 minutes of walking, I found the highway. I then walked about a mile, trying to find a landmark. I ended up about 5 miles from my truck.

I once got so lost that I ended up taking an Uber back to my truck. A tee sign was spun around and at the front of the tee box, so I tee'd off in the opposite direction. It was supposed to be a long hole with blind shots, so I didn't think much about my first 2 shots. From there, I had an approach shot thru a small gap that seemed close to what was shown on the tee sign. I nail the gap, then when I walk up to it, I see that I had thrown into a busy highway. I tried to backtrack, but I guess I took a different natural path and never made it back to the box. After about 10 minutes of walking, I found the highway. I then walked about a mile, trying to find a landmark. I ended up about 5 miles from my truck.
Sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh reading this. I can't fathom getting so turned around, and straying so far, that Uber becomes part of my round.

That's the sort of thing that's better with a playing partner. Not because two of you wouldn't have gotten lost, but because it's such a great story to share and joke about together as the years go by.
:hfive:

I wasn't playing DG, but did the same thing hiking around Barton Springs/hippee hollow.

I had an apartment near there. I went for a hike , got turned around and ended up at 360. Tried to hike back to the apartment following the creek. Ended up back at 360. I decided to follow the highway back home. This was in the 90s. No cellphones.

Sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh reading this. I can't fathom getting so turned around, and straying so far, that Uber becomes part of my round.

That's the sort of thing that's better with a playing partner. Not because two of you wouldn't have gotten lost, but because it's such a great story to share and joke about together as the years go by.
:hfive:

The Uber driver just thought I was wanting to go play disc golf and was like, "If you ever don't feel like paying for an Uber and want to play, you can cut thru those woods and then walk across a big field and end up on hole 12. You just gotta be careful because it is real easy to get lost as hell if you go down the wrong path."

I didn't say much of anything other than "Oh yeah?"

Just got an email that you can renew today at 25%off the regular $14.99.

So if it's worth $11.24 to you, now's the time.

Last edited:

Latest posts