• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

uDisc

You could also try Disc Caddy. It's also available for iPhone now. It's designed to be super user-friendly. It's definitely not as feature-rich as UDisc, but has all the essentials - scorekeeping and navigating. It's also tightly knit with dgcr, so if the course is there, it's in the app too.

Yes, I am the developer. Feel free to drop a comment

Does the throw measuring feature work based on gps, like it can measure any throw, anywhere? How accurate is it?

You could also try Disc Caddy. It's also available for iPhone now. It's designed to be super user-friendly. It's definitely not as feature-rich as UDisc, but has all the essentials - scorekeeping and navigating. It's also tightly knit with dgcr, so if the course is there, it's in the app too.

Yes, I am the developer. Feel free to drop a comment

Yeah....if your course finder lists Stoney Hill (Newberry, SC), does it prominently include the caveat of "Private / Reservations required"?

Does the throw measuring feature work based on gps, like it can measure any throw, anywhere? How accurate is it?

I've only measured a couple of throws with it, it was accurate-ish. Like anything on a mobile, it's all dependent on where you are/signal strength.

I love this app. I've used it for a long time. So long that I upgraded phones and lost info in the process. What are the chances for some sort of web integration so that all the data isn't just stored on the phone?
I love my running average, but my current running average is based on only about 50 rounds.
Thanks for this app, the constant upgrades, and your willingness to accept and utilize feedback/suggestions.

The nerd in me loves the gratuitous stats/charts/graphs. Even if they're not 'necessary' in the strictest sense, too much fun.

I tried to add an established alternate layout basically as a separate course. Got an email explaining what I did wrong, how to correct it. Did it right and next time I played, boom, the alt layout was in there. Nice when there's someone at the wheel with an app. Agree with the poster about how this add course/layout feature is policed. Better this way, than having to figure out from an unmanaged upload list which is the 'real' layout and which is dudebro's safari. (Dudebro, don't worry, you can create 'temp' layouts locally (in your phone) till your heart's content.

I was using a free, basic scorecard app for a long time, I'm a cheapskate. But I feel like udisc is well worth the meager investment.

I've only measured a couple of throws with it, it was accurate-ish. Like anything on a mobile, it's all dependent on where you are/signal strength.

...and it's pretty cool, you can hit a tab on the actual current hole screen to startpoint a throw if you want to measure the particular tee shot.

There's features in this thing I'm not even bothering to use yet. It saves measured throws, and you can break it down by disc, like load your bag into the app, and measure throws by disc, which it keeps aves for each. Nutty.

I think it's a great app. I bought an app last year called Ducky Disc Golf that was pretty good before I learned about uDisc. Already spending money on a disc golf app made me hold off on buying another, but it seemed like the Ducky app guy gave up on updating his app. The map part of uDisc along with having a decent database of course maps already made is what got me to switch over. I have even created a course map myself since buying uDisc.

iPhone GPS is accurate up to +/- 16ft. Some high-end Android phones can get down to about 10-12 feet. It all depends on your environmental conditions and your patience. There is a lengthy section in the FAQ about how to measure accurately that I suggest you read, it will improve your experience =).

I had this app on my old iphone and got it on android when I got a Galaxy. I love it. It may not be quite as simple as some other apps out there, but it does a heck of a lot more. The person responsible is nice, emailed me back quickly when I pointed out a couple of glitches (losing pictures of players and pics of discs), and said the fix is already on his version and will be releasing it soon. He is pretty good about updates.

It's a nice app from a nice guy who created it.

MEGA necro bump... I didn't see a current thread on the most recent UDisc updates, apologies if I missed it.
----------------

So I love all the stats we now have access to. I think the app is functioning well and works as advertised. One feature I'm missing that was present in the previous versions is the ability to edit hole numbers/names on the fly. One of our regular courses is 27 holes with dual pins and pads, and we play a mix of layouts that would be virtually impossible to have every conceivable layout pre-listed. This wasn't an issue before because we could just change hole 15A to 16B, etc.

Am I missing something in the new updated app that still allows this or is it gone?

I had this app on my old iphone and got it on android when I got a Galaxy. I love it. It may not be quite as simple as some other apps out there, but it does a heck of a lot more. The person responsible is nice, emailed me back quickly when I pointed out a couple of glitches (losing pictures of players and pics of discs), and said the fix is already on his version and will be releasing it soon. He is pretty good about updates.

It's a nice app from a nice guy who created it.

He's also a Bagger who totally cheats by being a Lefty - haha. Kidding aside he's my buddy - he's been in the thick of this for some time so we haven't gotten out to disc much - I float him ideas from time to time -- big things still coming ----funny story , I support this app 100% but I never use it, because when we play he usually is testing something or doing it himself - all my stats are because he's used it when we play haha - but I just got a new phone and my first iphone so ill probably go nuts with it

Wish you could click and look at other people's profiles on your friends.list etc

Latest posts