• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ugh... here we go...

Pbmercil

* Ace Member *
I've been wanting/needing to post one of these threads since I found DGCR. Frankly, we all like to think we know it all on the internet and that we're awesome golfers, but the fact is everyone can improve. It took me a little while to humble myself enough to be willing to take advantage of this part of the forum, when some of you guys clearly know WAY more about this stuff then I do. I've been playing for a long time, and making any big changes will definitely be an uphill battle as I've got many years of muscle memory working against me. But I'm willing to give it a shot.

Years playing: 10
RHBH 99% of the time, trying to develop a side arm
Golf distance: I've gotten pretty consistent right at 400' over the last 6 months or so. This has been the first noticeable distance improvement in the last several years. I definitely credit the concepts I've been trying to learn from HUB and Sidewinder and others here for that improvement. I've thrown 1 lazer golf shot 450+ that was never more then 6 feet of the ground. I know I couldn't repeat that feat intentionally right now.

What I think I'm seeing:
Not enough power generated from the hips. I'm getting a LITTLE bit of that big toe to back heel action on my plant foot, but not a lot. I feel like I am bracing pretty balanced but not crushing the can
My swing plane looks like a bit of a mess. The below vids are flat to slight hyzer shots downhill. I've had the feldy pump and reachback technique ever since I saw feldy use it, but now that I see it on video it seems like the planes are way off. I'm starting my reachback up by my head and then bringing it down into the power zone. I know I'm below the right pec position, but I've seen enough other pros come through in a similar spot that I THINK that's OK.
Am I opening my shoulders early? Its not as noticeable on full power drives, but I've noticed on tight straight fairway shots I have a tendency to randomly generate a tremendous amount of snap, only to yank it to the right 30 degrees. I think I've heard someone mention that as a sure sign that you're opening early, correct me if I'm wrong.
Seems like I am able to hold on to the disc while it gets far enough out in front of me, at least from that freeze frame that I attached
I think I'm well short of experiencing "the hit". I don't think I'm getting that big load and unload of the wrist people talk about all the time. I've attached another freeze frame, shouldn't my wrist be starting to slam closed at that point? Seems pretty neutral/open early.
I'm getting flat footed at several different points in the X step. Never noticed that before now, but its super obvious. Probably cuz I JUST heard HUB mention it on CCDG video yesterday.

Anyways guys, show me what you've got for me. I'm willing and eager to improve.

BTW, these shots are all at about 85% with high speed drivers. Not throwing hard, just trying to be smooth. These were pretty consistent in the 375 range

Attachments

• release.jpg
    release.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 21
  • power zone.jpg
    power zone.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 18
You are planting your front foot/side turned open. Short high reachback and leaning back away from target foot footed. It's going to feel way different to stay in balance and load/turn into your rear hip and bracing/shifting your weight from behind. The way your arm and body finishes is how most pros finish their rollers. The reason you don't throw a roller is because you are nose up.