• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ultra light discs, what are they good for?

^^^Run like the wind. Self Caught Flight [SCF] is by distance, Maximum Time Aloft [MTF] is by time. ["Most" is not an adjective of time].

Man I can't wait 'til summer again and I'll be out on the beach doing this on the weekends :thmbup:

Nothing like a hot day with some SCF out over the tasty waves. My personal record is 12 seconds. I find my drives the next day tend to be extra snappy and have no issues breaking the 400 mark.

For maximum distance; my headwind discs are 175g, but for no wind or tail wind I use Blizzard Plastic Katanas at 135,139,147. Don't knock those lighter discs under those conditions.

Max distance in calm or tail wind, low power or stand still drives, lower impact on shoulder/elbow.

Personally of the light weight discs I have thrown only the 150-168g ones behave. The 130-150g are very sensitive to thrower input and often have poor throws as a result. I am mostly giving mine away or letting wife/kids throw them.

I normally throw close to Max weight....but I do have a 148g XCal from the Japan Open that is an awesome disc for winter play

Light discs need less power to OAT them. And less wind pushes them off track. I don't think that the current crop of Bliz discs are necessarily the most controllable for your power. The slowest of them the Wraith may be if you find one that behaves close to a normal Wraith. I have not thrown Bliz Wraiths but have heard that they aren't as good so maybe your best bet would be to wait for a Bliz Beast when Innova gets around to releasing them. The Beast needs less power and flies straighter while having a thinner thus friendlier grip.

Going ultra light just doesn't give you more control at least up until Bliz came around. That may indeed change the game so some of the more demanding molds may well become controllable for you. Out of the molds i've heard to be eventually released as Bliz versions the Beast should be the friendliest. If you can't wait you might want to try out a Diamond.

I SEEK OUT 110 RANCHO ROC

I HAD A 110 DX RANCHO ROC DISSAPEAR OUTTA BAG ON DAY. I USED IT FOR LONG NO WIND PUTTS . LOOKING FOR AGAIN HMU IF YA GOT ONE TO LET GO OFB OR KNOW WHERE TO FIND PNE

I've got a 150g Blizzard Destroyer, which I use on one particular tunnel shot that has a maybe 5 ft ceiling. If I can get it down the tunnel it travels about as far to the left as it travels toward the basket. Someone just sent me a Blizzard Katana, lololololo

Latest posts