• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Unbelievable Douche at Loriella Park (Spotsylvania Va.)

discgolfne1

Par Member
So I throw a roller shot down the fairway of the 500' hole #5 during Sunday morning doubles. We are in a group of 6. My disc lands a little short of pin high 100' to the right...which is a good spot to be. A group of two people had just teed off on 4, and we are already making plans to let them play through. A girl emerges from the tee of #4 and walks over into the field. None of us pay any attention figuring she was playing her drive. Holes 4 & 5 are WIDE OPEN (just grass) and are parallel to each other. As the others are playing their 2nd shot I am wandering around trying to find my roller. After a few minutes all 6 of us are looking. Already having suspicions, I noticed the girl had looked back at us a few times during our 10 minute search.

These two people are now on the bench of #5 watching us search. I ask my girlfriend to ask these two (douchebags) if they picked up a disc while they were playing #4. The girl says yes, and throws the disc back to my girlfriend. Get this...SHE HAD ALREADY ERASED MY NAME FROM THE DISC. WTF!!!!

I yelled up to them "Are you fuc*ing kidding me"? Another in my group yelled to them "And no, you are NOT playing through"

This is almost...almost... as unbelievable as the guy that was playing a PDGA tourney in my foursome with a disc of mine that he got out of The Grange lost and found. He had the nerve to ask me if he could keep it. :thmbdown:

Its a good thing you didn't leave another disc behind with that group following you. I mean, let them play through. It gives you a chance to be friendly so they might feel guilty about keeping the next disc they find. Get ready for carpfish and adub to call you a db or something?

Its a good thing you didn't leave another disc behind with that group following you. I mean, let them play through. It gives you a chance to be friendly so they might feel guilty about keeping the next disc they find. Get ready for carpfish and adub to call you a db or something?

Well he WAS in a league, so that automatically makes him a stool carrying DB apparently :|

So you threatened to stab them all to death, right?

I mean, that's how these things all usually end up, right? :|

It was written in pen around the middle. I noticed she had a towell out rubbing on the disc as she was looking back at me.

I would be mad too man.

I don't put up with that crap on the course. I would have done the same. No play through for these type of people.

Really????

They had not even caught up to us yet, and like I said, we were already planning on letting them play through.

I yelled up to them "Are you fuc*ing kidding me"? Another in my group yelled to them "And no, you are NOT playing through"

Wow, Im glad you got your disc back but these knuckleheads will continue to do this until someone confronts them face-to-face. Not allowing them to play through will not let them know this kind of crap will not be tolerated.

^^^Say, wasn't Deliverance filmed in NC? :p :sick:

But seriously, that's pretty aberrant behavior. I'm gonna say 16 yo? [the disc stealers, not you, New :D]

Nope, obviously both were adults. These are field holes, these two could easily see that there was a group ahead of them, and they for sure saw the rest of my group throwing their drives.

Yes , a fairly new 180g Stingray

You should've let them play through so you could pull a disc of your choosing out of their bag while they weren't looking.

But really, you should've let them play through. An eye for an eye makes the world blind, etc... Chances are they would've left before playing the hole to avoid the shame though.

People who do **** that stupid have no shame, unfortunately. :\

The real question is, did you re tee? Or play from where you think the disc would of been? :popcorn:

I would have smacked the girl in the arse with a RFF Wizard and hollered out "shake what cho mama gave ya!" Sometimes you just have to send a message.

I did have someone pull up in a car on one of the holes that's close to the road at my local park and take my (stellar) drive. I yelled at them only to have them get back in the car and pull away with my disc.

I feel you pain...That's upsetting, but if you got it back, I'd try and let it go.

I dye my own plastic and find it especially rewarding when, on the occasion that I find someone else playing with my one-of-a-kind disc, simply take it from them and thank them for the phone call!

Really????

They had not even caught up to us yet, and like I said, we were already planning on letting them play through.

Yeah really. Shame always works on me.

It took me a while to get over the dude that marked out my name and number on my main putter that I spaced. I told him in no uncertain terms that I'd wished he'd called the number that was inked on the rim that he inked over (my first ace disc previously signed my many as such). I gave him the cold shoulder for a while and I'm certain he gets it now.

You should've let them play through so you could pull a disc of your choosing out of their bag while they weren't looking.

But really, you should've let them play through. An eye for an eye makes the world blind, etc... Chances are they would've left before playing the hole to avoid the shame though.

Not much shame at work here. She was facing all of as when she picked it up, and went a little off of her fairway to get my disc.

1. With 6 people standing on the next hole... do you think it is at all possible that this disc might belong to them?

2. Then watching 6 people search 10 minutes for a disc where you just picked one up...and you noticed several times that we were searching...do you think it is at all possible they are searching for the disc that you are now erasing the name on?

Total douchebags

Not much shame at work here. She was facing all of as when she picked it up, and went a little off of her fairway to get my disc.

1. With 6 people standing on the next hole... do you think it is at all possible that this disc might belong to them?

2. Then watching 6 people search 10 minutes for a disc where you just picked one up...and you noticed several times that we were searching...do you think it is at all possible they are searching for the disc that you are now erasing the name on?

Total douchebags

You're right, steal their discs and post about winning here:thmbup::p

Latest posts