• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Unbelievable Douche at Loriella Park (Spotsylvania Va.)

Loriella is a great course and does not have ownership of DBs--they are everywhere. Don't let this discussion keep you from playing this course.

A few years ago on Hole 7 at Castle Hayne Park a casual threw his drive into us during doubles. We watched the shot fly right to the feet of my partner, Nate Bond. He looked at me and said "that's my F...ing disc. The guy walks up and Nate held the disc up with another disc from his bag with his name written exactly the same and says with an evil stare...."this what you're looking for?" The guy was dumbstruck. It was a beat up Cobra he didn't want, so he gave him the whole "no you keep it" response, sarcastically of course.

In that instance, I would have just picked it up and put it in my bag without saying a word. When he came running up, screaming about his disc, I would just say, "you can look, but all the discs in my bag have my name on them...I hope you find your disc though" :)

There were six of you, there were two of them, you weren't letting them play through. Surely they caught up to you at some point.

I just fail to see the utility in a thread like this. Are we supposed to be on the lookout for these disc thieving vagabonds, with their magic towel that wipes permanent ink off a disc in minutes?

Come to think of it, it sounds like they've devised an ink removal method that could be great use to the disc selling community. These people are heros!

Hey did you read the whole thread...did you read where I said we were already discussing letting them play through BEFORE THEY HAD CAUGHT UP TO US? ...do you read?

The whole point of of this thread was just to relay an experience that was actually kind of comical. Something people have the right to do on forums. I never asked people to be on the look out for these people, or for people to stay away from Loriella. I never asked anything of anyone.

But yes, I am guilty of posting a thread that seemed to not enrich your life....do you crap on every thread that does not serve a utilitarian purpose for yourself?

Hey did you read the whole thread...did you read where I said we were already discussing letting them play through BEFORE THEY HAD CAUGHT UP TO US? ...do you read?

The whole point of of this thread was just to relay an experience that was actually kind of comical. Something people have the right to do on forums. I never asked people to be on the look out for these people, or for people to stay away from Loriella. I never asked anything of anyone.

But yes, I am guilty of posting a thread that seemed to not enrich your life....do you crap on every thread that does not serve a utilitarian purpose for yourself?

He was most likely trolling you to get a rise. and as you can tell by this post it worked. Welcome to the internet. IF you call people out for being a d bag you will most likely get called a dbag for some other reason.

You said you couldn't confront them directly because they were 400' away. I was simply pointing out that they must have caught up to you at some point.

And yes, I do read on occasion.

I just don't understand what sort of discussion you expected from this thread aside from "yup, those guys are douches alright." Facebook or Twitter are much better platforms for sharing this kind of story.

He was most likely trolling you to get a rise. and as you can tell by this post it worked. Welcome to the internet. IF you call people out for being a d bag you will most likely get called a dbag for some other reason.

So true...I know how trolls function and trust me it doesn't bother me. I don't usually get into pissing contests with these types of people, and my average of 3 posts per month on DGCR proves that. I am NOT on facebook,twitter, or any other of those types of social media simply so I don't have to deal with people that feel they can tell me that my thread serves no purpose to them, while posting crap that serves no purpose to anyone.

So true...I know how trolls function and trust me it doesn't bother me. I don't usually get into pissing contests with these types of people, and my average of 3 posts per month on DGCR proves that. I am NOT on facebook,twitter, or any other of those types of social media simply so I don't have to deal with people that feel they can tell me that my thread serves no purpose to them, while posting crap that serves no purpose to anyone.

methinks thou doth protest too much

All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages. And sometimes thou art a douche, and sometimes thou spread disdain for thy douches of the world.

:clap:
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages. And sometimes thou art a douche, and sometimes thou spread disdain for thy douches of the world.
:clap: