• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Understable Mid

Thanks for all the replies. I'm headed over to my local brick-and-mortar to check out a Stingray and a Tursas.

Thanks for all the replies. I'm headed over to my local brick-and-mortar to check out a Stingray and a Tursas.

With Stingray winds over 10 mph like 12 mph or higher take that disc more then almost any other disc still in production. Get 180 grams if you can then or highest weight over 175 grams my first mistake, then get the Star if you can as my second mistake was using Stingray in DX. Then again I play in South Dakota and Pierre to let you know the planes. Only exceptions I can think of are lid discs lighter then 150 grams.

I haven't thrown a tursa or a stingray. I do throw a comet, great for glidey slow turning or straight shots (I find the mako3 very similar type of disc/flight). The turnover I use the most is either the deputy for shorter stuff or I really like the latitude core in options for middle range, it has a bit more hss and also has some bite back. So you can force it over and shape lines with it.

Ended up picking up a Tursas. Both the Stingray & Tursas felt pretty similar, but the DX Stingrays were only available in dark red and dark blue in heavy weights. Both of those are a no-go for me.

Latest posts