• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Unusually warm weather in your parts?

It's rained part of every day for the past 7 days in my area which followed the week and half of single digit deep freeze, and some snow fall. The courses are muddy messes. I'll wait a little longer to start regular play. lol

Overall, it's been a very average (miserable) winter here in South Carolina....fluctuating between cold (for us) and rain. About 5 days with lows 10-15 degrees below normal, but also a couple of warm days, including one in the 70s.

I usually complain bitterly about bitter January weather, but I've been sidelined with knee surgery, so somewhat grateful that I'm not missing out on anything.

What did you have done to your knee?

Having grown up in MN through the 90s it's kind of eerie seeing the climate there change within part of a lifetime, and people living there acting like it's all fine and "sher is a weird winter we're having for the 20th winter in a row doncha know?" And cold temps/snowfalls that were the norm when I was growing up make news now.
eh just an off year

it will be different next year

and the vikes will win the superbowl

What did you have done to your knee?

Used it up, and had replacement surgery. Probably owing to 15,341,966 hours of basketball when I was young. The post-surgery is a lot more brutal than I had deluded myself that it would be, made worse by living on a hilly disc golf course and being unable to play. Which brings me back to why I'm not grumbling about January as much as I customarily would.

I have, however, excused myself from dealing with the fallen tree on one hole, and in fact any course work at all. I keep telling my co-owner brother than I have a doctor's note. We'll see how long I can milk that.

Used it up, and had replacement surgery. Probably owing to 15,341,966 hours of basketball when I was young. The post-surgery is a lot more brutal than I had deluded myself that it would be, made worse by living on a hilly disc golf course and being unable to play. Which brings me back to why I'm not grumbling about January as much as I customarily would.

I have, however, excused myself from dealing with the fallen tree on one hole, and in fact any course work at all. I keep telling my co-owner brother than I have a doctor's note. We'll see how long I can milk that.

OH the big one, hope the recover goes well. I am a couple of years behind you. Basketball has gotten a lot of us over the years.

Sounds like a valid Doc's note to me.

The other one's currently scheduled for March 26, but that's going to change because I have no faith that April and May's weather will be as accommodating.

Anyway, my pain aside, this winter has been distressingly normal around here. The average high is 54, which most year's is accomplished by bouncing around between 35 and 70 every few days. This year, it's just been stuck in the low 50s (lows around 30F), which I recognize would be warm for a lot of you, but it's generally unpleasant, particularly with a lot of rain.

In Virginia Beach, I'll say normal temperatures. Coming off of almost two weeks of Covid last week I was able to play back-to-back days teeing off with sunrise temps at 65 degrees shorts and t-shirt. That felt good! Getting some distance back, that I lose wearing a hoodie and sweats. What's unusual is the last time I wore shorts and t-shirts on the course was before Thanksgiving, normally there will be 3-4 course days since then with warmer weather.

What's missing is strong wind without the rain, 20-50 mph winter/wind. 30 mph normally starts just after Thanksgiving, by now can hit 40. Two weeks ago, Saturday the first time this year 30-40 mph wind, normally by now about 4-6 course days. This morning rounds just 20-25 mph. I enjoy playing in the wind on open course in the winter, just as much as I do heavily wooded courses in the summer when it's just breezy. Bring me more wind!!

Pretty typical Cincinnati winter (I've lived here almost 50 years): grey and 50's in December, grey and 30's or 40's in January and February, with a stretch below freezing, followed by a stretch of rainy and nearly 50, off and on until spring. We usually get three or four weeks of frozen ground, then mud. :)

central mn here

why else do i live in a northern state i need/want my 4 seasons

Since when do Northern States have 4 seasons??? Isn't it just 2? Cold/Snowy/Miserable straight to Hot/Buggy/Road Construction/Miserable. That's how I remember it.

eh just an off year

it will be different next year

and the vikes will win the superbowl

:rolleyes::unsure:🤣

10 days ago it was like zero, a week ago we had a sheet of ice, yesterday it was 70 and looks great all week. I guess that's typical for Oklahoma.

63F here in Nebraska. not a record high, but we usually only have one day in the 50's in January.

I can only describe the current weather in Upper Michigan as bizarre. We should be hip-deep in snow by now with temps in the teens to low 20's, but the little bit of snow we do have will probably be gone by this time next week. Except for one cold snap, the temps have been in the mid to upper 30's all winter with no snow in the forecast for the foreseeable future. Best winter for disc golf in years.:love:

I can only describe the current weather in Upper Michigan as bizarre. We should be hip-deep in snow by now with temps in the teens to low 20's, but the little bit of snow we do have will probably be gone by this time next week. Except for one cold snap, the temps have been in the mid to upper 30's all winter with no snow in the forecast for the foreseeable future. Best winter for disc golf in years.:love:
I got to play disc golf around a snow-free Marquette in late December; blew my mind.

Mid 50s sun in southern Minnesota today. Same as Los Angeles, but dryer....

Heading to an off road rally this weekend in mid Michigan. Sno*Drift rally has always been a terrific snow event. Building a large fire and partying in a foot or two of snow for a couple days. This year, for the FIRST time in decades, will be snow free and temperate. Less layers, less chill.....same fire and maybe a need for ice in the coolers. Weird, but I believe everything will be OK.

Latest posts