• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Updated Reviews - How?

Oh sure, @HyooMac ... now that you've hit Diamond, you think you can start making requests to bump up your revised reviews?

Totally kidding. I'm just hazing the "new guy" in the club. ;)

Oh sure, @HyooMac ... now that you've hit Diamond, you think you can start making requests to bump up your revised reviews?

Totally kidding. I'm just hazing the "new guy" in the club. ;)

Love it. Thanks.

My father (Greatest Generation guy, just to provide context), used to have a saying: "Last one in, shut the door." It was all about keeping something feeling exclusive, and seems to me to be a very real aspect of human nature.

In that spirit, sure - I'll try anything to keep those pesky Zirconias the hell out of OUR club!

(Do I have to add a "winky" smilie here, because Zirconias are so sensitive?)

I update reviews for my local courses when something significant changes. I have updated reviews when I played a course "in progress" and heard from a reliable source that improvements had been completed (concrete teepads where I saw the frame, etc.).

But for most courses I just rely on newer reviews (or that "other site") to learn of recent updates.

In that spirit, sure - I'll try anything to keep those pesky Zirconias the hell out of OUR club!

(Do I have to add a "winky" smilie here, because Zirconias are so sensitive?)

Is it "Zirconias" or "Zirconians"? I can't decide whether to be offended or not. 😉

Zirconians has a certain ring...

^sounds like a problem for star fleet

I'll try to update reviews if I've played a course and it's either undergone a big change, I have new info to add, and/or there hasn't been a review for the course in a long time. If it's something relatively minor (course now has trash cans, tee pad for hole X has moved, etc.), I won't worry about it.

Every blue moon, I make a concerted effort to revisit my reviews to determine if I still think the same way about the course. Of course, if significant equipment or access issues have occurred, I'll update those reviews with that information fairly quickly after my discovery of said. When I am traveling and looking for courses, I also focus on the newer reviews to help make my choices.