• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

USF Disc Golf ISO Logo artist.

Charbachuk

Premium Member
Hey everyone,

My name is Cameron and I am the co-founder of the Disc Golf Club at the University of South Florida. We are only 2 months old, but already 15+ members strong. Our goal is to compete for the National Collegiate Disc Golf Championship in April. We have been active searching for somebody to create a logo for us. We have already had the universities marketing department create a less than spectacular "logo", and have had some other individuals give us some good ideas. We are looking for a logo that is simple, but that will stand out. Having exhausted all local resources, we have decided to open it up to everyone. So if you, or somebody you know is a good artist and would like to help us out, shoot me a message and we can talk specifics about everything.

Appreciate it,

Cameron
USFDG #002

Have 15 yrs jn grqphics and an extensive art background. What does this logo pay and or benefits of even doing a minor thumbnail workup?... freelance art starts min $25 / hr in iowa for sub par work. Know based on other threads no free work will be found. Make a reasonable offer and u may get something considered at least

Check out SLM Designs on Facebook. She hooked me up:

chief.jpg

I'm a Chief Petty Officer in the U.S. Navy and I'm totally addicted to disc golf. Told her what I wanted -- didn't even have to send any pics of what I was looking for -- and within six hours she sent me that. She did all the homework and all the legwork. I was blown away....PERIOD.

If you're serious about making a legit logo or graphic for your club or organization -- or if you just want one for yourself -- you need to check out SLM Designs. She did right by me.

Good luck, Cam!

I'm kind of surprised that the art department couldn't come up with something...that sucks.

Get the logo on some Wizards and I'm sure a bunch of the USF Sunday handicap crew will buy some!

JohnE can surely help make that happen!

Not expecting to have this done for free at all. I have no artistic ability whatsoever. I fully respect the talent and hard work it takes to create something like this. Below i attached what the marketing program gave us...you can see why we are so disappointed.

Attachments

• logo.jpg
    logo.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 68
Who are you getting to custom stamp your discs? I would suggest you contact MVP. After all the do make the best discs. A stack of Volts and Servos with that stamp would be the best.

Awesome job creating a club! I go to school at California State University Monterey Bay. Went to NCDGCs last year and it was a blast. Hope to see your school out there this year!

So what does this pay or what are rewards for undertaking. Last logo contest I did I won. Dayafter logo was delivered the site went don and winning were never sent. Still not worth time til u let us kno what its worth to u.

^Thats exactly what they did...And these are people in graduate school for marketing o_O
Marketing students WOULD smash clip art together. Y'all need to approach graphic design or studio art students individually, not thru faculty. Trust me, those slackers will work for plastic.

So what does this pay or what are rewards for undertaking. Last logo contest I did I won. Dayafter logo was delivered the site went don and winning were never sent. Still not worth time til u let us kno what its worth to u.
Be pro, or do contests -- pick one.

This is no contest. We are just reaching out to people in the design world to talk; that is all.

Being a pro designer in ia is tuff to support 3 kids on as a single father. Tried it for 12 yrs. Moved on to something that does pay. Design is now side business when time allows and price for job is reasonable. Contests allow for chance to just stay active with art. But in either case there is some reward. And a contest u know what effort to put forth based on what u win. Just saying im still unsure whats being offered other than your art being used and getting seen.

Big USF supporter here. Would love to see you guys competing at NCDGC's. Are you allowed to use/incorporate existing school logos or is the some sort of copyright hurdle? I like what the student government did, the "SG" with the horns, but with "DG" maybe. Would be a nice simple design for a small logo on the front of competition shirts. Also I would like to support you guys as an outside member somehow if that's possible.

Latest posts