• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Using both arms (Righty/Lefty)

anyone throw right and left handed

I do. I was a switch hitter and highschool and can use both hands. I always throw forehand. I don't know why, but when I try to throw a rhbh or a lhbh I sturggle. i can when i need to, but it isn't pretty. anyone else throw both ways?

i can when i dont have a shot LHBH/LHFH but like you said it isnt that pretty, i have practiced it a few times and im just good enough to get out of trouble without causing too much.

I'll throw lhbh only on short approaches when it would be nearly impossible to throw it rhbh. Anything longer than a short approach I'll throw rhfh.

I can throw lefty, but there's rarely a case where I can't throw a right handed shot further and more accurately.

There is a local pro that can throw right and left handed. He brown his arm or elbow or something a few years back in his right arm, and didn't want to stop playing. He's got a course on his farm, and he just kept practicing and eventually learned really well how to throw lefty. He can throw 350' with both hands consistently. It's pretty entertaining to see him when he can't decide, because he can throw forehand and backhand both ways. So every now and then he'll just switch and switch and switch.

I can throw both arms backhand, I only can throw forearm with my right but it is pain to throw forearm that why i use my left. I was surpised when i throw left for first time. It was not bad so i practice with my left arm. Now i can throw left 280, my right 350. Reason i use left because when i need discs go right. My forearm suck. It's really nice when people say you can throw both arms. It make some people in awe. It is funny to watch their respond.

I broke my right elbow, and left wrist 3 years ago. I'm right hand dominate, and my right elbow took a long time to heal, I still can't straighten it. For some time I couldn't play right handed because of the injury, so I decided to start working on the laft arm. I could never putt left handed, but could drive up to 320-340 pretty accurately. I actually aced hole 18 at the Red Hawk course in Crystal River. I don't know what the distance is, but I beleive it was around 330ft. I don't play near as much left handed now because my right arm is alright, but it would be nice if I would have stuck with it.

back when i played baseball i messed up my right arm. so i learned how to pitch with the left. i can throw left handed but it only goes about 300. but hey... i got my first ace left handed.

Just started trying this a few days ago, wicked shin splints in my right leg. Find my form is probably better throwing LHBH, simply because I don't have a the thought of trying to throw the lights out, like I do with the RHBH. Distance is nonexistent lefty, probably lucky to get my Buzzz 150+, but seem to throw it straighter with less fade. Can't throw a driver lefty at all, but several of the holes on my home course (Mesker Park, Evansville, IN) are shorter holes, so mids and fairways cover most holes.

Will be trying LH on a couple of holes tomorrow night during league, should be interesting to see the results. I can't get a disc to turn right throwing RHBH, so for now the LHBH may save me a couple of strokes. We'll see.