• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Val Jenkins 4x signature Starfire

SD86

Banned
There's a conversation going on elsewhere about this, so I thought I'd start a thread here.

Val Jenkins just won her 4th World Championship. She should have a production signature disc. What disc would you like to see in regular production as Val's sig disc?

I think that the one mold she loves and is still up for grabs would be the Starfire. Not sure if they would sell any better though.

I think that the one mold she loves and is still up for grabs would be the Starfire. Not sure if they would sell any better though.

Her WITB is not all that recent, IIRC.

She has an old Starfire that I'm thinking is well-seasoned in, but I don't know if she bags new Star Starfires as a matter of routine.

She throws the Tern (and did so in the 2016 Worlds). Reviving the Star SL would be great, too (why they took the production Star SL OOP, I'll never understand).

Plenty of possibilities. The Proshop had a Tour Series Champ TL for Val, but those are long since sold out, and I'd like to see a regular production disc for the 4x Champ (that being Val :) ).

Was it a Champ and Star Tern that she was leaning on on a lot of those drives? The champ threw kind of like a Thunderbird flight path for her (glidey straight to consistent fade)?

The Tern would be smart and sell well. Starfire and TL are the discs that make me think of Val but probably wouldn't be a smart move monetarily.

Well, I know there are several that already have other players associated, but I would love a Val Jenkin's Wraith or Gator. Last ITB she was using a Pro Wraith as apposed to the Champ's Star Wraiths, and I haven't seen a signature Gator (not that she uses it much, anyway) But, a Star Tern would prolly sell more with her name than Leatherman's... Meh. Who knows! Definitely hope that Innova gives her what she deserves, though.

Wait. So she doesn't have a signature championship disc of anything already?never had a 2x or 3x?

She probably won't get another mold as that seems to be mostly reserved for the multiple-time MPO championships.

If she does it would likely be a Star Tern but I'm not sure if that would end up selling any better with a 'girls signature' on

Its unfortunate but that DOES sway some people when it comes to buying a disc at retail.

I know right?

Innova trying to say the Women's Worlds title don't mean nuthin'.

She probably won't get another mold as that seems to be mostly reserved for the multiple-time MPO championships.

If she does it would likely be a Star Tern but I'm not sure if that would end up selling any better with a 'girls signature' on

Its unfortunate but that DOES sway some people when it comes to buying a disc at retail.
They shouldn't make the disc flowery with script font and only produce them in pink. Because you're right. It can definitkey make a difference.

I think legacy made a Britney Blair disc one time. It was not for everyone...

Just write 4x World Champion on the bottom sig line. Just like all their other world champions. Cmon Innova

TThey shouldn't make the disc flowery with script font and only produce them in pink. Because you're right. It can definitkey make a difference.

I think legacy made a Britney Blair disc one time. It was not for everyone...
To the casual chucker crowd... it definitely does.

Hence the fly-dye Champ Groove being a likely candidate for the #1 driver mold/plastic combo sold.

I'd hate to see people swayed away from the glory that is a Star Tern because they "OMG I can't throw a GIRLS disc."

Last edited:
I think the Tern would be the best mold from a financial standpoint for her, as they are selling great lately, and for good reason. But when I think of Val, the Starfire is the first disc that comes to mind.

With that being said, my first Valkyrie I bought 8yrs was a Val signature disc IIRC. Then a few years later Innova put Sandstrom's name on it after he broke the world distance record with that disc.

I'd be down for a Star or Champ TL, I've been meaning to pick another up.

I currently bag a G* TL that's pretty beat at this point, and I have a champ TL in storage called the "Time Adder" because every time I throw it you spend 5 extra minutes walking around like an idiot looking for it. Even if you have someone spotting it with you that stupid grape color blends in with everything, ugh mistakes have been made.

Weird. I always think TL when I think of what Val is throwing more often than not. I'm thinking I'm right too? But I could be wrong.