• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Very last HOD For 2010

Rol6566

* Ace Member *
Walnut Ridge in Johnston (Des Moines), IA

Short Tee-322' Par 3
Long Tee-452' Par 3

Short Tee
4667a821.jpg

Long Tee
78c37508.jpg

Approach
de73b076.jpg

Basket
bdfdd48f.jpg

Course Map

Surge bit of anny to get it to the approach area. Buzzz approach thru the wooded area.

Long, beat up Teebird, then buzzz, or Predator over the top of the trees

That's a cool hole. I think I'd try a Fuse or River from the shorts on an anny, then mop up with an Ion. From the long, tough to tell w/o being there. I'd probably play it pretty safe and just put an Eagle on a slight hyzer to land somewhere past the bend for a straight shot at the basket but I'd be tempted to try a flippy Eagle or Leo for a tight hyzerflipped runaway TO.

I'm thinking gazelle or meteor from short, gazelle from long,

Then either buzzz or voodoo upshot and voodoo putt both.

Short tee I am throwing a ball dropping thumber over the dogleg toward the trees, hopefully i can sneak over or under them.
Long tee probably throwing a pred forehand up to, hopefully a little through, the dog leg then a thumber or spike hyzer to the pin. Maybe a low skip shot if i am lined up for the right opening.

I will be throwing a Z Force RHFH from both tees.

Short - throw a High Hyzer and probably crash into those trees by the pin and hope for a putt.
Long - keep it low and just play a skip around the corner for placement of the upshot.

short: RHFH Destroyer try to skip it up and go for a 2
long: RHBH Roadrunner, try to get it near the opening and lay up for an ez 3.

well, it appears as if it's around to the right. in that case, this is a wet dream of a hole for the LHBHer when you approach the hole with your group of right handed friends and hear groans

short: Z avenger on a hyzer and depending on how close it finishes, i will go for it/get under the pin with a wizard. if i'm farther out, i'll thread the Z comet through the trees

long: try to finish long and straight in the clearing with a valk, Z comet through the trees, finish with wizard

a bunch of snow melted today and i'm going to try to get out to play today for the first time in a few weeks. i can't wait to get off work!

Last edited: