• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram Birdie Bash (VBB) - 2014 Edition

As far as putters, the Sole flies a lot like a wizard, the Ridge is a lot like a Rhyno.

A rhyno would sit between the VP and ridge. from most OS to least VP, Rhyno, Ridge, Wizard. I have not thrown the sole but have heard it compared to and Aviar P&A in which case would make it more nuetral than a wizard. BTW I have owned multiples of these two vibrams and currently have 30+/- wizards and rhynos acroast all plastics

Just bought 8 vibram discs online without ever throwing vibram. I really liked the philosophy so much that I thought I'd support vibram! I know there are some threads about vibram but can you personally shed light on what discs are similar to all the vibram discs?
I don't want to derail the intention of the thread, but this could be useful info for folks considering playing in a VBB whom have never touched a Vibram disc.

Since I was the one who sold you all of those Vibrams, I'll tell you my assessment of them.

Medium Ibex - I have no good comparison for this. Buzzz might be the closest thing.
Medium Trak - Between a Leopard and Teebird.
Medium Ascent - These particular Ascents are the newer, beefier Ascent mold. More overstable than a Teebird, probably in Banshee territory.
Medium Lace - The Laces are the only distance drivers I've thrown since I started, so I can't really compare well. Even at 300ish power, this will have turn along with a very big fade. A headwind fighter it is not.
Firm O-Lace - I've heard people compare the O-Lace to a fresh Destroyer. Not sure if that's the case, but I could throw this into any headwind and it would be perfectly fine.
Medium O-Lace - I don't think I ever threw this one. It's heavier than the Firm and I would assume beefier.

A rhyno would sit between the VP and ridge. from most OS to least VP, Rhyno, Ridge, Wizard. I have not thrown the sole but have heard it compared to and Aviar P&A in which case would make it more nuetral than a wizard.
I'd agree with everything said here. I think all Wizard throwers should pick up a medium Ridge and give it a try.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is a minimum number of players required for a Birdie Bash? I am in an area with extremely few "serious" disc golfers and want to use this event to advertise the course in general. Unfortunately, if my advertisements fail I could have as few as 5-10 people actually sign up.

I have a player who wants to change the disc he signed up with. How do I go about doing that

I have a player who wants to change the disc he signed up with. How do I go about doing that

Haha yeah - I emailed about this issue early January, the web site guy said they were working in it...

Does anyone know if there is a minimum number of players required for a Birdie Bash? I am in an area with extremely few "serious" disc golfers and want to use this event to advertise the course in general. Unfortunately, if my advertisements fail I could have as few as 5-10 people actually sign up.

Steven replied to my email and said there is no minimum. I just wanted to throw that out there in case anyone else had the same question.

Just got in from running my first VBB (and tourney in general) and man I'm tired. So much fun though, everybody seemed to really have a good time. I had SO MANY more walk-ups than I thought I'd get, guys that thought they could register day of the event. I was sitting at 6 pre-registers forever and thought I'd end up with like a 13 person tourney but people came in at the last minute and bumped me up to 18, plus I managed to get discs for 5 walk-ups with my TD set. That thing saved my bacon.

I've got to order some extra packs next time, I really had to scramble to come up with prizes for everybody b/c I ended up with 6 cards instead of the 5 I was supposed to have. It all worked out in the end though. :thmbup:

Don't make the mistake I apparently did, when you're spreading the word about the VBB, really make sure people get the point across that THEY HAVE TO PRE-REGISTER ONLINE! I had this elder gentleman quite upset with me b/c he somehow got it in his head that he could just show up and play even though I had to pre-register his buddy (who was right there with this guy when I explained all this) b/c his internet was down.

Latest posts