• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Chunk Museum

captain jack

* Ace Member *
In order to prevent any confusion in the future, I have decided to start this archive of genuine Vibram Chunk discs.

The facts:
There were 218 total Vibram Chunk discs run in late 2009.
97 of these were the first disc Vibram introduced, the VP.
Another 97 of the second disc introduced, the Summit, were also produced.
24 prototype Chunk Ridges were also run, prior to thier release.
These discs were sent to friends, and Vibrams' preferred dealers.
All Chunk discs are either regular X link, or X link firm, there are no soft X Link discs.

All the discs are made from rubber, not plastic, and the chunks were made by adding many pieces of different colored rubber, and melting them all together, to form a smooth, seamless, vibrant disc.

Each and every Chunk disc was made by hand, resulting in 218 different works of unique art unlike anything else made in the disc golf industry.

I have identified 6 different colors used so far, these include:
Fire engine red
Hunter green
Navy blue
Safety Orange
Speckled Gray
and
Lavender

All the Chunk Ridges were run with only red, green, and titanium white, and are referred to as "Christmas Ridges".
The Ridges, being pre release prototypes, do not have the flight numbers imprinted into the back.
The VP's and Summits all have the flight numbers imprinted on them.

I am concerned that some individuals may misrepresent discs in the future, calling them Chunks, to inflate thier value, when they have only a regular run Vibram disc to sell or trade.
I see this on Ebay every day, with people claiming to have C.E. Innova discs for sale, when they are obviously not.

So in this light, I will post pictures of the Chunks I own, and I encourage all of you fellow Chunk owners to do the same, so we can have a great reference to use in the future.

Dana, Solomon, xJFK, Steve D, FullNelson and the rest of you members that have these discs, feel free to add your pics to this thread if you can.
Any if somebody could import some pics of Rays discs, with his permission of course, that would be great. His being banned and all.

My goal is that all 218 discs eventually will be archived here.

I like the format of front and back pics if possible, some of these discs are only really showy on one side.

Five color Chunk VP's
#1 front
4559524852_566ab15cb5_m.jpg
and back
4559524854_9672523a10_m.jpg

#2 front
4559524862_b53b433041_m.jpg
and back
4559524874_ecfe8a472c_m.jpg

more in the next post.................

These are from he who must not be named (VRay).
X-Link VP, X-Link Summit, X-Link Firm Summit
chunks.jpg

and a Christmas Ridge
xmasridge.jpg

These discs are awesome . what kind of prices are these things going for? id be very interested in some chunk plastic as well if anybody wants to come off of one. i throw ridges and summits and have fallen in love with vibram RUBBER :) most durable putters around.

I'll add my lonely Summit after I get off work.
BTW, nice idea for a thread.

These discs are awesome . what kind of prices are these things going for? id be very interested in some chunk plastic as well if anybody wants to come off of one. i throw ridges and summits and have fallen in love with vibram RUBBER :) most durable putters around.

The VP's and Summits are going for about $30-$40 each, assuming you can find someone who wants to sell.
The Ridges, I would guess for a good bit more than that.

*lights candle, stares into bathroom mirror*

Vegan Ray.

Vegan Ray.

Vegan Ray.

Hey. Nothing happ AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! OH GOD!!!!!

I have two chunk VP's I think they are both regular xlink. I will get some pics up when I am at home and have some time.

Latest posts