• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
REI is opening a store in Silverdale WA. There is one small sporting goods store in the area that sells discs. When I asked them about Vibram they said they don't have the cash to place the initial order. Keeping in mind the fact that there are so many DG courses here the county had to shut one down (dhalaiwood, at Scott Papa's home) shouldn't Silverdale be an ideal market for Vibram at REI? Granted, I've never seen a Vibram disc on a course here that I didn't buy and give to someone else. So as far as I know I am the only one buying Vibram. So I would suggest REI Silverdale as a retailer. If not I would be more th
an happy to continue spreading rubber love on my own.

I hope this goes well and REI starts selling disc at other locations. Stafford Woods is a new course in Voorhees NJ and there is a REI close by in Marlton. The manager of the store plays disc golf and has helped us on work days installing the course. He has expressed interest in sponcering a tournament. With Disc Golf being new to this area and very few places to buy discs his store might be a good fit for Vibram.

I like hearing the REI store ideas, but suspect no more will be added until we get some results from the initial stores. Also, I do not think VDG will be on their online store, but I'm not sure about this.

Will Vibram discs be available at the same time on REI's website, or will I have to wait until REI brings Vibram discs to one of the metro Atlanta stores?

Also, have you considered packaging a three disc "starter set" with a Ridge, an Ibex, and a beginner-friendly driver? I have the impression that the Innova starter set is the best value, and likely the best selling, of the dg items at REI. With the pretty colors y'all produce, you could really draw attention with a well-designed package of three.

You may have to wait until Atlanta comes on board. I like the idea of a Vibram set, always have liked this idea.

Steve - played at Hawk Hallow with Vegan Ray last weekend. What was the deal with the "vomit" putters??? He's still using them.

Those were almost pure rubber. I'm assuming your "vomit" color would be called "amber honey" by us. :)

The flight of a lace is more beautiful than a double rainbow.

1024213_orig.jpg

I should probably look back a few pages and find out what the context is for the rainbow unicorn... "somewhat scary to run across when first logging into this forum for today"

Price point of a Vibram starter set??? :eek:!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.