• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Glow Discs are here!

As far as the odor, it's pretty bad. I mean, you have to put it up to your face to smell it, so it can definitely be avoided. But, I'll be cleaning mine tonight.

I could smell mine this morning, and it was five feet away from me.

I'm really interested in these vibram glows, but I know nothing about vibram molds. Can someone give me a rundown of how each mold flies or maybe profile pics. I only need descriptions of the molds that are available in the glow x link thanks.

I'm really interested in these vibram glows, but I know nothing about vibram molds. Can someone give me a rundown of how each mold flies or maybe profile pics. I only need descriptions of the molds that are available in the glow x link thanks.

I suggest using Flight Analyzer. You can put in whatever disc you are curious about and compare it to similar discs from other manufacturers.

http://www.flightanalyzer.com/

The profile pics were great thanks!

As for the flight analyzer flight charts do nothing for me I'd rather hear from players how discs fly.

For me, a 300'ish thrower with the Trak, they all fly true to their medium x-link counterparts that I own, aside from the Ascent, which is far beefier than my other Ascents. For rough comparisons of popular molds I've thrown...

Ridge = Wizard
VP = Rhyno?...maybe beefier?
Ibex = Mix between Comet and Buzzz
Obex = in between Wasp and Hornet
Trak = Beefier Leopard
Ascent = normally like a Champ Teebird, but this glow I have is more like a Champ Banshee
Lace = nothing....I haven't historically thrown high speed drivers, so I have no comparison. I throw it a good 30'+ further than my Trak with very little turn and a very healthy fade.

I haven't seen any pictures of these posted yet. They are really quite surprisingly pink:

I played my first glow round with them tonight. It was on a course with a lot of ambient light and quite a few street signs, so I wouldn't consider that optimal conditions for glow disc. They showed up fine, though. I did charge before each drive, just to be safe. I think on a course with no lights nor in the midst of a metropolitan area (St. Louis city, in this case), I wouldn't have felt the need to charge them more than every 3-5 holes.

I'm perfectly happy with them. They're just what I wanted them to be....thanks, Vibram!

I want one, but Vibrams run expensive anyway...and these are really pricey. That's the price you pay for an invincible disc, I suppose!

I saw a guy on instagram post all of his glow disc. I asked him which one held the "glow" the best, and he said it was the Vibram hands down. So I ordered my lace this morning. They are now down to only (3) 167-169g left which sucks becuase I was wanting a 171, but they sold out late last night.

Yup I got one of the 170-172 last night and a Ridge 173-175. Wanted an obex and ascent maybe a trak but I doubt they'll still be there next week when I get paid again. Can't wait to get these two though.
Correction: all obex are gone:wall:

Last edited:
Looks like there was a real run on these over the last few days. When I checked on Monday, there were 15-20+ of all available molds. Now there's almost nothing left.

I think once people got them and talked about how well they glow, that is when others became more interested. At least that is what happened to me.

I have never played a glow round. These are right up there with a Moonshine Diamond for my first glow disc.