• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram soft xl soft...Love or Hate

757 day bump!

I've been playing around with a Soft Summit for putting and absolutely love it. It's the best grip I've ever felt on a putter. I'm considering getting a few of these and was hoping to get answers to a few questions:
1. I've heard the XL-Soft rubber can harden and/or crack with time and sun exposure. What is everyone's thoughts on this? Are they holding up long term for some of you?
2. Anyone know where I can buy a number of these in max weight? My regular vendors are out or don't carry soft.

Thanks!

Vibram only does one run of Softs, each year, in the fall, so dont expect to find alot this time of year, best bet is to wait until October, then buy a bunch.

1. I've heard the XL-Soft rubber can harden and/or crack with time and sun exposure. What is everyone's thoughts on this? Are they holding up long term for some of you?
I'd say what you've heard is true.

I have a lightweight Soft Sole that I keep in the car for catch or impromptu one disc rounds if I don't have my bag, and it's definitely becoming more stiff and not as floppy. I'm sure there's some accelerated wear to the disc with it sitting in my car all day (usually I keep it covered up), but I checked a Soft Ridge and VP that I have in the garage and those are becoming less flexible too.

Thanks for all of the input. I'm not sure I want to worry about hardening/deterioration of my putters but I think I'm going to order one or two (instead of 8 or 10) from hyzer farm on ebay. Thanks again for the input.

Hyzer Farm is Scott Papas biz, he's a former Discraft Pro, and a good guy, so you should have no problems purchasing from him. :thmbup:

I have the soft Ascent, Obex, Ridge, Sole... I like the soft Ascent the best, because it's helped me a lot with my form flaws. I've gotten hot with the soft Sole and made some long putts in a round... I'd recommend the soft putters for anyone looking to try Vibram.