• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Video clips by jr, lcgm8, mafa and others

JR

* Ace Member *
Here's triple angle footage of the distance record holder Christian Sandström:
http://www.youtube.com/user/lcgm8#p/u/0/0KOafXWyCUw

Thanks for Kenth Lindqvist for filming the third angle. From behind Christian.

You really should go and look the account of lcgm8 at Youtube because there's plenty of material there. Like Mukkula and VMP Open from this summer.

Thanks Roy.

Masterbeato, Christian was the fastest thrower I got to see from side above position. His throw was visibly faster than Linus Åström's whose throw was visibly faster than anyone else's I filmed from that position. I didn't film everyone from that angle so I can't tell who had the fastest throw overall. That hole is risky for bombing all out. Feldy said: "finally..." in the finals after not making it through the first two corners until then. You can't see much beyond the first corner from the tee. Like not at all.

awesome work as always.

I hit that first shot decently all three rounds and that was about the only drives I hit, man that course gave me a beatdown. It truly is a champion caliber course. (I played a penalty round with 2 rocs and 2 wizards and played better than I had all the other rounds, theres is so much penalty for not hitting the fairway.)

I watched Simon Lizotte play the last day, and he might not have the fastest throw, but I believe he has one of the highest smash factors in our sport. He threw his Aviar on at least two occasions of the tee (both 105+ meter holes, granted that one has an elevation drop of maybe 4 meters), on 12 where most players threw a full hyzershot, he made what looked like 40% upshot and easily made it, and then he threw a hyzer on 18, which even with the wind that day requires a pretty crazy shot to get around all the trees at the end. (Alas he missed his putt)

Sorry I didn't have time to talk to you. I think I have you on video though. Probably both in HD and high speed with lower resolution.

Scandinavian Open final parts 1 and 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VbB24loV94
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUOAu8Pl3io

Sweet! I just quit watching a Radiohead acoustic performance to check these out.

Also, who's on DGR from this film crew? I can't remember.

Me and lcgm8 filmed this with some help in slo mo filming from Kenth Lindqvist. I did the rest of the slo mo and Kenth went wild with another gimmick I told him nobody has really published yet that is a feature of my camera. That ain't as useful even on full HD as it would be best illustrated published on a website or a magazine or better yet both. Pretty cool stuff.

SO published version may have still photos from Charlie Mead as well. He took portrait pictures from players during the competition. I'm not editing so I don't know what's gonna be included. We'll get help with graphics from a source I can't divulge until given the go ahead. Which may be never.

You'll see lcgm8's reply to me on "Part 3". Apparently he reviewed all of Dave's putts in slow motion and they were all fine. Additionally (and perhaps more importantly), it would seem that no one else on the card was concerned by what looks like a fairly blatant fault. It seems the camera angles and limited playback/streaming options may be to blame.

Timing is notoriously difficult to see in real time. I haven't gone through the throws frame by frame but that is an easy diagnostic tool.

Dr. Burd said:
You'll see lcgm8's reply to me on "Part 3". Apparently he reviewed all of Dave's putts in slow motion and they were all fine. Additionally (and perhaps more importantly), it would seem that no one else on the card was concerned by what looks like a fairly blatant fault. It seems the camera angles and limited playback/streaming options may be to blame.

These guys won't hesitate to give warnings.

Here's part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJThfsFgUfA

Nikko shows some excellent skills on hole 13 by using both hands to get birdie.

There's gonna be a small break now as i'll go filming Finnish Open with JR. Next day after the Tournament i'll have surgery for my left hand.

As usual, my favorite DG to watch. I don't have any DG DVD's, but I suspect that your guys' productions are better than a fair share of them. Great job again.

JR said:
Sorry I didn't have time to talk to you. I think I have you on video though. Probably both in HD and high speed with lower resolution.

heh, Id rather want to see Lizotte, and awesome stuff from the final (as usual from you guys). Dave's and Nikko's drives on the first hole are INSANE, its where many people where hoping to lie in two shots.

Don't know how long it takes to show everything but I just translated Simon's interview from German speech to English text and we plan on to show the interviewed players throwing too. My German is so rusty and I messed up on the first Swedish interview too so at least those require text from the interviewer too. I wasn't perfect with the other German interview but I can live with it. After all it was all quite ad hoc and I didn't have time to practice and haven't spoken German in years.

Dave said during the flight of the finals first drive: "Finally" before the disc had landed IIRC. He had tried to make that shot each round and it finally connected. Apparently I'm decent at telling people what to do because I told Dave to go get 'em a minute prior to the finals and also asked Markus Mäntylä if he's gonna ace his hole 18 shot since he was so close the day before :) My track record ain't perfect though. The driver in our crew Juhani Vainio asked me to command him to get an eagle on hole one. I asked how about an albatross? That thunder was apparently stolen by Daniel Strandberg from Sweden :) People were thinking is that the first albatross in disc golf and it isn't? Finnish frisbee association president said he has one before SO. IIRC those were about two 100 meter shots on a par 5. Nice place to get a fairway ace :-D I don't know if there are other albatrosses. Have you guys heard of those?

Latest posts