• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Viking Rune

A friend bought it and tried it on the course today. It flew amazingly straight. Only times I saw it fade was when he threw it high and the speed died, then it started falling to the left. It had a very slight turn on a maxed tee shot. Flew pretty similar to a nova up to 80% power but where the nova just kind of drops straight down if the speed stops, Rune fell to the left but not hard.

Seemed very floaty when he spin putted too.

Bump.

Anyone get some experience with these lately? Curious about the shallow feel, despite the somewhat "deep" specs (1.6 deep, 2.1 tall, specs like a Judge, which I find ok, but still on the deeper side) listed on the pdga app list.

I felt a knife (the Viking disc....) the other day and it felt shallow and nice, despite the specs similar to a Wizard (1.8 deep). More Zone feeling for sure. Wondering if the specs on these guys are just a bit off! Cheers.

I've been putting with the Rune for about 2 months now. Big improvement on my circles edge and beyond putts. It has an easy forward glide that is very straight and controllable.

My only issue is that it is very difficult to find these in stores. I have searched most of the sites I usually order from and there are none in stock.

Anybody know of some secret stashes of Runes??

Their facebook and instagram page is quiet, nothing new since early 2018. Someone's comment asked if they are still in business but no answer yet.

I've been putting with the Rune for about 2 months now. Big improvement on my circles edge and beyond putts. It has an easy forward glide that is very straight and controllable.

My only issue is that it is very difficult to find these in stores. I have searched most of the sites I usually order from and there are none in stock.

Anybody know of some secret stashes of Runes??

Not a lot to choose from, but:

Marshall Street:
https://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/?s=rune&post_type=product

I really wanted to get into this putter as well. They fly great as an approach disc and an above average putter, but the Ground plastic chews up way too easily, and as stated by others, there are no replacements coming. I have four Ground just sitting in storage because it took less than a week to chew two of them up.

Their facebook and instagram page is quiet, nothing new since early 2018. Someone's comment asked if they are still in business but no answer yet.

If Out Of Buisness this would be the quickest a Disc Golf company that makes discs went out of Business. 2.5-3 years. Even that one company Element Discs did last longer for making discs and are now doing custom Disc stamps instead.

Could just be that with Viking discs it is hard to buy them outside of Europe, even Finland.

Last edited:
If Out Of Buisness this would be the quickest a Disc Golf company that makes discs went out of Business. 2.5-3 years. Even that one company Element Discs did last longer for making discs and are now doing custom Disc stamps instead.

Could just be that with Viking discs it is hard to buy them outside of Europe, even Finland.

I really hope Viking Discs are not going out of business...that would be a bummer. The Rune is a fantastic disc...for putting and driving off the tee.

Anyone know where I can find some Runes in Ground plastic??

Kind of ridiculous that there is no online retailer with any of these.

Has anyone seen the Rune lately? As far as I can tell, they have released a slightly modified Rune mold. I will get side by side profile pics to show the difference. Can't find any info if this and infinite sold them as normal Runes

Bump...I ordered a champion plastic looking Rune from Infinite. Anybody have experience with this as a throwing putter?

Bump...I ordered a champion plastic looking Rune from Infinite. Anybody have experience with this as a throwing putter?

I throw and putt Ground plastic Runes because of how flat they are and how awesome the plastic is, their premium plastic putters tend to be domey. From the past few months of use as a thrower I find they're an extremely straight throwing putter that is quite resistant to torque, it's also one of the few "deeper" actual putters I can reliably forehand over 200' if needed. Has some weird qualities in Ground plastic, they start shockingly stable and will hold almost any Hyzer line you put it on, but thrown flat it will fly dead flat for 80% of the flight then finish pretty hard for a 0 fade, when it beats in the finish will be straight and it will hold most all anny lines you put it on with a bit of power. For reference, I'm a mostly RHBH putter thrower and I like the Rune anywhere from 200'-300' depending on the shape of the hole. Great disc IMO.

Latest posts