• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Voodoo Disc Golf Bag?

I don't get the problem.

It is a loop of fabric sewn into the bag, all the other bags with d-rings are connected by....loops of fabric sewn into the bag...

The problem is that over time it might wear down with the caribiner always rubbing against it. This was my concern as well because I have experienced this first hand on a 2nd hand bag. In particular an older chimp. It didnt have d rings on the bottom hookups and you could clearly see the wear from the caribiner,ut was hlfway "cut" through. What the d ring does is eliminate the fabric from being "cut" over time. Granted it takes a long time to have this problem im sure,but it still happens.

There is a chance of the d ring breaking also unless its metal but we'll see how the loops hold up. obviously these bags havnt been around long enough to see them worn in like other bags

Its not a big deal but after experiencing that priblem first hand,it popped into my head too

Ok that makes sense...didn't think of the friction aspect.

I guess the solution is to use smooth caribiners.

The problem is that over time it might wear down with the caribiner always rubbing against it. This was my concern as well because I have experienced this first hand on a 2nd hand bag. In particular an older chimp. It didnt have d rings on the bottom hookups and you could clearly see the wear from the caribiner,ut was hlfway "cut" through. What the d ring does is eliminate the fabric from being "cut" over time. Granted it takes a long time to have this problem im sure,but it still happens.

There is a chance of the d ring breaking also unless its metal but we'll see how the loops hold up. obviously these bags havnt been around long enough to see them worn in like other bags

Its not a big deal but after experiencing that priblem first hand,it popped into my head too

A neat trick I have is get two nice size key rings attach them to the loops then beaners to the rings. Less friction.

Ordered a Mojo on Monday, hopefully it'll be here by the end of the week. Can't wait for it to get here, I need a real bag. Do quads make much difference over the shoulder strap on that size bag?

My blue mojo just showed up today. Man, this thing really is awesome. I can easily fit 14-15 discs in the main compartment and 2 pure's in the putter pocket. The quality of work and attention to detail really stand out. Even little things like a blue accent stitch on the inside pockets and the way the frame is sewn and then Velcro to hold it together to keep it rigid but still have give. Really the only bag I've ever seen in person that even comes close is the Gorilla boy bags. Highly recommended!

Just ordered a black karma. Finally going to get a new bag. Now I just have to wait for materials so they can make it. Going to be a tough wait.:popcorn:

Have to say the loops, also lack of funding..., have caused me to wait on ordering one. Key rings would be a smaller point of friction causing faster damage with my logical thinking. They look great, but I think metal d-rings would be worth the extra cost and effort.

i've had my karma ever since voodoo started selling bags and the fabric loops for the quads haven't shown any signs of wear. i also carry nearly 23 discs, 2 32oz. nalgenes full of water and lots of crap in the side pockets. dont know why people are turned off by the bag because of the fabric loops. plus, the bag comes with a warranty. get over it.

Nobody is turn off by it. It was merely a concern of mine so I brought it up. I still bought the bag so relax,its just another con to the bag. No bag is perfect,every ones bag has something they dont like

booter - my bad for getting touchy about the loop deal. just seemed like some people were jumping on the "there's no plastic ring, this is garbage" bandwagon without asking people who actually have the bags have experienced. i havent seen it on other bags, maybe they're onto something?

I have a Karma bag and the loops were a concern to me, but they are doubled up, re-enforced with stitching running through the middle of the loop, and are made of the high wear Cordura (forget the true name of the fabric). Then they are sewn into the the seems of the bag. I carry around 24 disc and a bunch of other stuff I don't need and they are holding up just fine. Heck, I remember when everyone was freaking out about the "crappy plastic" holders on the Carolina bags.....that has worked out pretty well.
Only time will tell, but I've seen worse (Innova, GB, Lat64, etc...)that has lasted quite some time.

Voodoo will soon be launching a website where you can order bags much easier!!

yeah if they ever come back in stock. heh sittin on a preorder checking his facebook page like 3 times a day anxiously waiting my confirmation of shipment...or any update for that matter

Latest posts