• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Voodoo Spinal Tap Backpack is Here

Anyone know what picture 3 is below? They are small tabs at the top of the side pockets, towards the back by the top of the shoulder straps. They seem like they have a purpose, but I don't know what it would be.

8895728691_29beaa3d67_c.jpg

8895782315_570cde7a0f_c.jpg

8896362064_e9e2099122_c.jpg

I would guess thats just an extra tab for a carabiner to hang tags etc. Im using it to route the tube for a camelback. I have a 100oz square bladder. the bottom width is perfect for containing it, i fill it to 70oz so the top is loose and can fit it the top sideways to clip to the top inside ring. from there theres several different ways i can route the tube down the shoulder strap

I would guess thats just an extra tab for a carabiner to hang tags etc. Im using it to route the tube for a camelback. I have a 100oz square bladder. the bottom width is perfect for containing it, i fill it to 70oz so the top is loose and can fit it the top sideways to clip to the top inside ring. from there theres several different ways i can route the tube down the shoulder strap

Ah that makes sense...I'll hang my towel from there now.
I like the water bladder idea though.

Another thing on the ST. I really don't understand why they put two zipper pulls on each side pocket. That drove me nuts about the main compartment on the Grip...yes a little OCD

Another thing on the ST. I really don't understand why they put two zipper pulls on each side pocket. That drove me nuts about the main compartment on the Grip...yes a little OCD
Haha- for me that was a positive on the Spinal Tap and a negative on the Grip. I have a keychain picture of my kids I hung on the zipper of my Grip and the weight of it would slowly but surely unzip over the time of a round or two. No Issue with that on the Spinal Tap because I can put the zippers at the bottom. Options are good.

I like that purple one!
Me too!

Is there anyone here with a camera, a spinal tap and some time that can play with a guys that own a simian, and a mahal and do some filming for me? if so let me know. IT HAS TO BE TODAY.

A minor miracle has happened today and my bag finally showed up. Good lord the postal service is a hot mess. This is the first time I've owned a backpack bag so it's taking me a little to get used to it. I had a innova tournament one before so definitely different. A couple things have stuck out so far.
1) On the inside of the main compartment both sides seem to be concaved. It feels like a cardboard type material which is easily bent outwards but obviously doesn't go stiff. Anyone else notice that and is it something that is typical with these type bags?
2) The inside of the half moon zipper pocket has velcro across the bottom of it that if separated leads into the main compartment. Any idea why that is? Doesn't seem like it's going to cause a problem or anything. I won't be putting anything small in there but I guess I could see small towels or whatever falling behind the discs if it does open.
I tend to have OCD tendencies at times so this is just me getting feedback and whatnot so I don't obsess over this stuff.
Overall it looks great, feels well constructed and pretty much exactly as advertised. Once the OCD kicks into overdrive I"m sure I'll be on here wasting everyone's time with my inane ramblings.

Last edited:
Finally....and I am NOT disappointed. Quality is just what you'd expect from Voodoo.
8896362064_e9e2099122_c.jpg

Agreed with those two lines the most!

And I didn't even notice these things until you said something lol. Gonna hang my tags from em and my towel from the other.

A minor miracle has happened today and my bag finally showed up. Good lord the postal service is a hot mess. This is the first time I've owned a backpack bag so it's taking me a little to get used to it. I had a innova tournament one before so definitely different. A couple things have stuck out so far.
1) On the inside of the main compartment both sides seem to be concaved. It feels like a cardboard type material which is easily bent outwards but obviously doesn't go stiff. Anyone else notice that and is it something that is typical with these type bags?
2) The inside of the half moon zipper pocket has velcro across the bottom of it that if separated leads into the main compartment. Any idea why that is? Doesn't seem like it's going to cause a problem or anything. I won't be putting anything small in there but I guess I could see small towels or whatever falling behind the discs if it does open.
I tend to have OCD tendencies at times so this is just me getting feedback and whatnot so I don't obsess over this stuff.
Overall it looks great, feels well constructed and pretty much exactly as advertised. Once the OCD kicks into overdrive I"m sure I'll be on here wasting everyone's time with my inane ramblings.

If the upside down pocket leads into the main, it's just another way to get discs out. Sounds like theoretically you could play a round while having the main pocket close the whole time. that's a feature I love on my contender.

So I have seen a few people rocking the ST. Not a huge fan of how it looks when being carried. I have only seen green, and the first thing that comes to mind is.... Turtle. Too wide IMHO. I have a mystery ranch, and honestly its still the best design out there.

So I have seen a few people rocking the ST. Not a huge fan of how it looks when being carried. I have only seen green, and the first thing that comes to mind is.... Turtle. Too wide IMHO. I have a mystery ranch, and honestly its still the best design out there.

For some guys like myself, I agree, it definitely seems to wide. But for the bigger guys that love to carry discs, this is the bag for them, no doubt.

Well I'm 6'6 and I thought the bag was big. I have 4 putters (lol) in the putter compartment, and the rest of my Karma in the main compartment. So. Much. Space.

A few notes:

1) It's Big (and awesome)
2) Super, hella durable. This bag looks like it could take a beating.
3) Love the rain fly
4) Very thick padding on the back. Feels great. Gets a little warm, but I'd rather be warm than uncomfortable.
5) The lip of the bag isn't a concern to me. I filled the bag and shook it pretty vigourously, even knocked it over forwards and didn't have a single spill out.
6) Very well made.
7) If you had a voodoo bag in the past, think the same side pocket configuration, but in triangle form

What cracks me up is the people saying its sooooo wide. Its like an inch wider than the grip lol.

The main compartment of my Grip is pushing 11 inches.
Main compartment of the ST is pushing 12.5 inches

But from bottle-holder to bottle-holder the grip is just short of 19 inches, while the ST is almost to 23 inches.

I'm not sure what you would consider "sooooo wide", but I have both and the ST looks substantially wider on me (5'9, 150lbs)

Well I'm substantially wider than 150lbs lol. I knew it would be a little wider than my frame but so was my Innova bag so I'm ok with it. Truthfully i mainly bought this for better support and more storage and the ST has got that in spades

all i know is the ship to address in the initial tracking email i got was correct so how the hell they got this so wrong is beyond me. sure i wanted my bag before this weekend but mostly i'm pissed cause i spent 27 dollars of money that doesn't fall off trees for me and this is the crap i get in return. anybody want to take some odds on what happens next??

No bet here. I do notice you are in Louisville tho. Maybe I could check your backpack out sometime. I'm thinking of getting a Karma later this summer, but I'm not ruling out the various backpacks. Drop me a line.

Well I'm 6'6 and I thought the bag was big. I have 4 putters (lol) in the putter compartment, and the rest of my Karma in the main compartment. So. Much. Space.

About the size, when I called Voodoo one day to ask dimensions on the Karma, they said it was probably about 2' across w/the pockets all filled. Sound about right?

(I just barely missed th5 minute edit mark so this is a 2nd post. doh!)