• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Voodoo Spinal Tap Backpack is Here

i've yet to notice any tearing around straps... but im not cramming as many discs that i can fit in it tho either.... (have around 20 in main). just wrapped up a tourny at hornings that had 2 rounds at "rolling" meadow ridge and 1 on canyon. bag held up great! was nice being able to fit food, xtra h2o, socks, sleeves and misc crap in there and still had room!! imo im thinking overpacking may be leading to the seam issues?? been told im wrong alot tho so who knows ;).... my biggest issue is that the discs can fall out if less than 16 or so in the main... insert towels and prob solved!!
Cool. Ya I guess it's kinda crazy to stuff the s**t out of it to SEE if something happens lol!
So I keep it to a sane amount and just enjoy the bag.

Cool. Ya I guess it's kinda crazy to stuff the s**t out of it to SEE if something happens lol!
So I keep it to a sane amount and just enjoy the bag.

What's "sane" to you?
I suppose my 17 in the main pocket with 2 in the putter pocket, one 32oz Nalgene, a baseball, towel and a Clif bar is "insane"...because my straps started to tear.

What's "sane" to you?
I suppose my 17 in the main pocket with 2 in the putter pocket, one 32oz Nalgene, a baseball, towel and a Clif bar is "insane"...because my straps started to tear.
Yikes!!! I carry 27 discs total with 2 32 oz. bottles. I've noticed the fabric, were the front, back, and staps meet. Is starting to separate, but no signs of tearing or the stitching coming apart. However, I have a feeling that it might not be much longer before they fail, because of what I've been reading.
One other thing I noticed and has me more concerned than anything else. I was checking out the side pockets. As you know they have a "flap" of extra fabric to cover the zipper and the tongue. Well it looked kind of funny to me and then I noticed. One flap is on the outside of the pocket and the other is on the inside of the pocket! So I check my other bag and both are on the outside portion of the pocket.
I know, BFD, right! Well the more I thought of it. The bigger of a deal it became to me. Some thing like this should not happen. What else slipped by "Inspected by #7" Was it made on a Monday or Friday and they just wanted to get the heck out of there?
I know it's a small co. and they are great people and you can blame it all on the company that made the bags (In the good ol U.S of A), but missing things like that will shake the confidence of any customer.

i finally got to check out these bags this weekend. totally turned off now. it looks so clunky and hap-hazard. Its like a grip bag with random stuff sticking off the side. and now i read all these comments about quality issues. no wonder they only do a 5 year warranty, that must be all their confident in it lasting.
Really bums me out, this bag looked like it would be way more comfortable than a Grip bag, guess I'll just send Grip EQ my cash. :\ I really liked that brown color too.....

Saw my first one in person today. Looked cool. I liked the zip out part under the putters. but it was a wide bag. way wider than I expected.

Got an email a few days back acknowledging the receipt of the bag to fix and letting me know they will keep me updated.

Sent mine in, warranty people said they have a quick turn around. They should get it repaired and shipped back same day they receive it!:thmbup:

Just got a FedEx notice that my bag is headed back to me.

16 days from me emailing them about it; 14 days from me shipping it postage paid by voodoo back to them; 10-11 days after they received it

Not the slowest turnaround time but not like omg fast either. No complaints.

I can post my before and after pics for you guys once its back if you want.

My Spinal Tip finally ripped, as well. This is disappointing because Voodoo's quality has always been top notch (This is the third VD bag I have owned). I'm sure they will make it right, but I hope they are extra reinforcing the ones that are ripping because mine was nowhere close to being loaded down. I have been carrying 17 discs and 2 32oz Nalgenes.

You can see on mine where the thread is separating but since I live in Maine it's about 7 days there and 7 days back. Seeing as our not freezing cold golf season is not that long I'm just going to wait till November to take car of it.

....damn.....

ok silly Q.... but i look for trends in statistics for work and was curious if there is one involving the seam tearing issues w this bag?? my first thought was overloading (obvious) but that doesnt appear to be factor.... second is color; feedback if its certain colors that r having issues?? may have nothing to do w anything, but if there is a trend to it then one could trace it to origin and possibly pinpoint why this is happening so often>>?? ( perhaps workers rushing to get higher demand colors out faster etc....) i know kinda sounds paranoid conspiracy thinking, but ive solved some interesting issues when i find the pattern involved in the situation... btw mine is greeen and no issues... yet....:\ guy i know was carrying/lugging feldbergs for bsf over weekend, i asked him what he thought of it... all he said was it holds alot of discs :D.....