• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Voodoo Spinal Tap Backpack is Here

i had a voodoo karma bag as well and loved the way it was constructed and even more pleased with the way the spinal tap is constructed. i am overall very happy with my purchase of the spinal tap.

Dischucker (or anyone else who has had a Karma and now a ST), how does the Karma compare w/the ST? How wide is the Karma vs the ST for example. Are you fitting about the same amount of stuff between the 2 or does one or the other trump in a big way?

I'm not sold on a backpack yet (largely cuz my wife might kill me if I drop $250 on a backpack heh), but the Karma has a lot of my interest right now and I'm curious how it compares.

Dischucker (or anyone else who has had a Karma and now a ST), how does the Karma compare w/the ST? How wide is the Karma vs the ST for example. Are you fitting about the same amount of stuff between the 2 or does one or the other trump in a big way?

I'm not sold on a backpack yet (largely cuz my wife might kill me if I drop $250 on a backpack heh), but the Karma has a lot of my interest right now and I'm curious how it compares.

I would say the ST hold a couple more disc then my Karma did, also i think between the side pockets and upside down pocket it has a enough space just like the karma. the the ST rides really well fully load compared to backpack straps on a fully load karma. after owning both bags you cant go wrong with either.

My Spinal Tap is comfortably carrying:

Main Compartment: Total of 19 Discs, 9 x Drivers, 6 x Midranges, 4 x Putters
Putter Slot: 2 x Putters

In the other compartments I've used probably 30% of the capacity for 2 backup discs, towels, wallet, keys, cellphone, rain jacket, rain fly, baseball (get disc out of tree) . Very happy with the storage options.

Putter Pocket

Got my bag in last week. Loving it so far. The storage potential of this bag is ridiculous!

My only complaint about the bag is when my putters are in easy grab playing position with the magnet closed.....ive seen pics others have posted with 2 putters in the "ride" position but mine is too snug. Im only able to have 1 putter in this position. Its way too tight to have 2 ready to go. Im putt with wizards for reference.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Got my bag in last week. Loving it so far. The storage potential of this bag is ridiculous!

My only complaint about the bag is when my putters are in easy grab playing position with the magnet closed.....ive seen pics others have posted with 2 putters in the "ride" position but mine is too snug. Im only able to have 1 putter in this position. Its way too tight to have 2 ready to go. Im putt with wizards for reference.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Give it a day or two. The opening on my putter pocket has "relaxed" a little and now I have no trouble pulling either putter out; two days ago it was very tight.

I love the upside down pocket. I keep it partially opened and store my thick bath towel in there. I could probably fit shoes in there if I wanted. I went to a field yesterday and brought a few extra drivers, and the side pocket fit FIVE extra Destroyers/Bosses. The only thing I need to get use to is the thickness of the straps. They feel super bulky, but I'm starting to break them in.

That's a couple ppl now that have mentioned the straps being really thick. Is this a good thing? After a bit Of working them in will they still be thicker then quad straps?

Haha no doubt, my bag was waiting for me when I got home from work today. So far I like it lol. Tomo will tell when I can get on the course and carry it fully loaded.

How do the straps stack up against the quads that Voodoo sells? Those look very nice and thick too

played a couple rounds with my spinal tap yesterday thing is comfy as all get up. now I just need to get some patches on this bad boy

Attachments

• spinal tap1.jpg
    spinal tap1.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 113
I will say- I was a bit worried about the rain fly, but I really like the elastic. it makes it worlds easier to get discs than compared to my grip, and the water just brushed right off. as soon as I water proof this sucker ill be ready for more hurricane golf!

Does anyone know how this bag compares in size vs a prodiscus? Is it as wide?

Does anyone know how this bag compares in size vs a prodiscus? Is it as wide?

I own a prodiscus as well and the spinal tap is not as wide. Also rides alot better I think. A lot lighter I haven have the same amount of plastic in my spinal tap as I did in the prodiscus

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 109

Latest posts