• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Water, mountains, and disc golf courses

Status
Not open for further replies.

ponto11

Bogey Member
I'm growing tired of reading reviews by people who downgrade a course review simply because there is no water on the property, or more specifically, no holes with water.

In the mountains, there isn't that much water in general. We have rivers, streams, tributaries, and reservoirs, we don't have many lakes or bodies of water in general.

What we do have is mountains, or big-ass hills.

So I'm curious, if you are one who downgrades a course simply because it doesn't have water holes, why are you not also downgrading courses that don't have mountains?!?!

I think it's silly to downgrade a course simply because of the terrain. I get it if it's wide open and very little structure. But please consider not downgrading a course just because it lacks water or mountains. Disc golf course designers work with the terrain that they have to work with. We can't spend hundreds of thousands of dollars adding artificial elements (like traditional golf). Most of these courses you get to play for free or for a few bucks...

First the profiling cop again, and now this. This must be we need five threads about everything week.

First the profiling cop again, and now this. This must be we need five threads about everything week.
It's very important that everybody understand coarses should not be judged by the lack of their water, but by the content of the coarse.

I'm not certain if I follow either of your broken English comments but sorry for not reading every post on dgcoursereview. My apologies in advance for all of you who live and breath for each comment on this forum, and get frustrated if there is repetition. Feel free to not comment if it bothers you so much.

It's very important that everybody understand coarses should not be judged by the lack of their water, but by the content of the coarse.

Thank you.

Of course, "coarse" is just coarse.

I won't be satisfied until I hear JVonD's opinion on the matter.

Personally, I don't think a course will ever reach the level of a 5 until it has at least one of every feature. One mountain, one basket behind a waterfall, one suspended basket from an oak tree, one windmill hole, one palm tree, one hole with a tailwind, one hole with sharks with laser beams...

Oh yeah, that guy.Ha! The "Keeping it Real" guy.

Personally, I don't think a course will ever reach the level of a 5 until it has at least one of every feature. One mountain, one basket behind a waterfall, one suspended basket from an oak tree, one windmill hole, one palm tree, one hole with a tailwind, one hole with sharks with laser beams...

Brilliant!

This sounds like an excellent course. I'd 5 star it right now just from hearing
about it.
Where is this coarse located? I'm going to go play it
:eek:

Personally, I don't think a course will ever reach the level of a 5 until it has at least one of every feature. One mountain, one basket behind a waterfall, one suspended basket from an oak tree, one windmill hole, one palm tree, one hole with a tailwind, one hole with sharks with FRICKIN' laser beams...

FTFY Frickin get it right.

Martin, I believe you should add to your list one hole with a horseshoe-shaped fairway. That way, folks could more easily remember that a proper disc golf course always contains a fairway shaped like the letter "u". From there, it might not be too great a leap to remember that a fine course has a "u" whereas a coarse course ... uh ... still contains a "u".

Build it and they will come...at least I would!

Sometimes at my home course when it rains we have drainage issues and large puddles collect on fairways. Would this be considered a water feature and bump up the course's rating?

... one hole with sharks with laser beams...

How about ill-tempered sea bass?

And for ponto11, there appear to be lots of folks on the interwebz who do criticize repetition. The master on here is/was prerube, who would usually provide a link or twelve to the most recent threads covering the same topic. The ones about JVonD's review of Phantom Falls wound up in the Landfill, and are still rolling along merrily. However, not everyone has access to the landfill (I think it takes a premium membership?). It is, however, one of the darkest and murkiest regions on dgcr... but hilarious!

Status
Not open for further replies.