• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wayfield Gorse

rhatton1

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
I'm in the process of designing an 18 hole course outside of Stratford Upon Avon. It's through 20 acres of woodland and the plan is to make an 18 hole Gold layout. It's taken two years to get planning permission and lots of barriers and hurdles have been thrown in the way but we've now got full sign off and are into the hard work so I thought I would document some of the thinking as it develops.

Follow up to the above - the first stage of the course is opening this weekend which is very exciting!

Couple of videos for you, first up is Team Member Maggie the Disc Golf Dogs walkthrough guide -

Followed by the In The Chains Podcast crews drone flythrough

and finished up with a round of Ript with me and the In the Chains guys talking a bit about the design and why it is how it is, part 2 to come.

Stratford Upon Avon......wasn't that the home of Shakespeare?

Yep, just a mile down the road.

Fun fact about the course, what is now the green of the par 4 hole 10 used to be a clearing the luvvies of the RSC theatre company - think Ian Mccellan (Gandalf) Patrick Stewart (Captain Jean luc Picard) etc. used to come and smoke and drink when on downtime from the theatre in the 80's/90's