• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

We need more 'Nims' (extreme pitch n putt) type courses!

The short tees on Eager Beaver are a great short but interesting layout.

If you're talking about courses that also have a good short tee set up, the first 18 of Sedgley Woods wouldn't be too shabby.

Mercer County DGC (I think that's what it's named) in New Jersey isn't a bad one either.

Last edited:
I think what Dana is getting at are courses that are very short and beginner friendly but still offer some interesting shots.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "extreme". If you mean hole length being extremely short, there's Ferguson Park in Snohomish. Not really challenging at all but it helps you work on your short game or if you want to get in a round in 10 minutes it's good for that. And there's one tight line on hole 2, a super short thumber shot over a bush on 6, and a blind shot over a hill on 8 that keep you honest.

There was also a kid's course HOD not too long ago that looked extremely short.

Last edited:
I thoroughly enjoyed Nims . . . It was a little tight and dangerous but fortunately I had the course to myself. I agree we need courses for everyone. What better place to introduce someone to the game than a course like Nims. While I do like to see bigger better courses cater to beginners, I am starting to think maybe we need to begin to diversify the courses. There should be pro level courses, there should be adv. courses, intermediate courses, recreational courses and beginner courses.

I do think that pro level courses could cater to beginners by basically adding shorter and shorter tees effectively reducing a 500' tight wooded hole to a 150' shot for beginners. The only issue with this is that the walks will be ridiculous for the beginners in between holes making it feel really awkward.

I do think that pro level courses could cater to beginners by basically adding shorter and shorter tees effectively reducing a 500' tight wooded hole to a 150' shot for beginners. The only issue with this is that the walks will be ridiculous for the beginners in between holes making it feel really awkward.
You could probably do the same with our standard "all Par 3" level courses too without all the long walks.

Honestly, I don't see what's "extreme" about said course. It looks like your standard small town pitch and putt, which are a dime a dozen around these parts.

I do wish we had the hole distances though. That might give me some perspective on what we're looking at as far as challenge.

Latest posts